Jesus Christ Superstar

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumpet blower88, Oct 8, 2005.

1. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    This morning while cleaning out my shed in the back yard, I found one of the coolest things I've ever found in my shed. It's the origional set from 1970 of 2 albums, the score, and the lyric book from Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's "Jesus Christ Superstar".

I thought that this might be worth some money since its all the origional stuff so I decided to look on Ebay to see if anyone else was selling it and seeing how much it was going for, but I couldn't find anyone selling the whole set.

I'm not interested in selling it because I think it is so cool, but does anyone know how much something like this might be worth? All the things on Ebay I saw were going for about 5 dollars, so I don't really have high hopes that I've struck gold or anything, but I still think it's interesting.

2. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I've got it on CD if you want to add to your collection.

3. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    i have that 2-lp recording. mine came with a libretto, but not with a score.

dj

4. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    "Groovy" . . .

"Right On!" . . .

"Far Out!"

"Make Love, Not War"

Wow, I'm havin' a hippie flashback. It's the dawning of the Age of Aquarius, according to astrologers, when the stars all line up and the world begins a period of peace and love!

Come to think of it baby, let's go make love (not war), drop out, reject our values and go live on a commune where we all share EVERYTHING in perfect harmony and peace.

"Uhhhh, hey man . . . where's my bag of pot?"

"WHAT? . . . you and your friends smoked it ALL with my old lady to get her high and then all made "love" with her while most of us on the commune were out working to feed us all?"

"That's IT! I'm gonna kick your _____."

Ahh, the Sixties . . . a starry-eyed time when a generation (mine) thought that they were going to be able to change human nature.

Seriously though . . . to the record . . .

Enjoy listening to it but don't think it will bring too much today. Virtually everyone in the baby boomer generation had a set, so they aren't very rare today. Still, the music was so fresh at the time, and so exciting.

"Gimme A Head With Hair" today means something soooo much different to us males . . . than it did back then when we all had a lot of it! ;-)

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Long haired hippie degenerate commie pinko freak!

-cw-

6. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    any one seen my afro pick? :lol:

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    What's the buzz?

Tell me what's a happening...

-cw-

8. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Hey baby boy! :cool:

9. BobList

BobList New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Baltimore, Md.
    'scuse me, but you oughtta LISTEN to it!!! correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brisbois play on that album?

10. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    methinks it was recorded in merry olde england. the trumpets i recall were distant sounding.

dj