Jiggs Whigham PBone

Discussion in 'Horns' started by bamajazzlady, Apr 20, 2012.

1. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    While looking at these at NAMM, the question I asked was what do you do if you break one? The answer I got was a shrug and that they're only $150, so buy a new one. Still, what a great choice for a beginning band student - no big loss if they don't continue, and I've got a couple of friends who love using them as bar band horns. I'm just fascinated they managed to make something playable out of plastic!

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes, well James Morrison gets a decent tune from a garden hose, funnel, and trumpet mouthpiece - I guess it's the same really? :dontknow:;-)

3. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    In my Florida weather, I can see them getting soft if left in a car or something or on the bleachers at a football game if they are hot. I can see the plastic becoming more fragile here too, easier to split down the side.

But, I would buy one if they made a Ppet. Or maybe it would be a Ptrum, not so sure on this one.

4. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I don't play trombone, so I'm a little jealous that a plastic horn can be so fun, and not half bad! :cry:

I'm guessing a plastic trumpet would be a disaster! :thumbdown::huh:

5. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Ranger Trumpets - Contempora Corner
    Olds Pinto

In fact, there is a Reynolds Ranger sitting in line at work to be fixed on Monday.