John Grisham makes a donation...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Sep 4, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    FANTASTIC!!!

ML

3. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I wish I could afford to do something like that...

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
  5. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey folks, a little update...

As of Saturday night Americans have contributed ... are you ready?

Almost 700 million dollars to the relief effort! Makes me feel really good that those folks are going to get through this. The feds are kicking in a whopping 60 billion to go along with that.

Bit by bit, day by day... all we need is patience and hard work. A little like trumpet playing.

ML

6. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Say...What is this I read about all these countries coming to are aid...Afganastan, Israel, Kosovo, etc,etc, all with either supplies, doctors, or troops whatever we need.....I do not have the newspaper article in front of me..but do any of you know if we are taking advantage of these offers????...and if we are not, why aren't we ??? :dontknow:

7. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I just heard the other day that the government is going to be giveing all of the people currently liveing in the shelters debit cards with $2,000 dollars on them. I couldn't find an artical on the net talking about it anywere, but I heard it on the local news. Its good for all the survivors liveing in the shelters to help them get back on their feet and all, but with the government putting that much money into circulation so fast like that, its going to create some major inflation in our economy...

Did anyone else hear of this?

-David

8. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Phatmon,

Yes, many countries are returning the kindness as we have shown them and it's really gratifying to see. At very first, they were asked to hold off until a serious damage assessment could be done but now the offers are being graciously accepted.

ML