Join a North Toronto Community Band

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mitchvine, Jan 28, 2011.

1. mitchvine

mitchvine New Friend

Jan 26, 2010
    Toronto
    The North Toronto Community band is a group of adults who love to get together once a week to play music. Check us out at North Toronto Community Band . We are looking for dedicated amateurs - especially trumpets, No audition is necessary. We just ask that you come and try us out for two or three practices. We practice on Monday nights at 7:30PM from Sept to May. Practices are at Lawrence Park Collegiate at Lawrence and Avenue Rd. Visit our website North Toronto Community Band or send an email to mailto:[email protected] .

2. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    Is that in, like, Canada or something? Don;'t you guys speak a different language? Would I need a translator? A guide? Mukluks? Canoe for portages?

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I think it is in Canada. I don't know of any other Torontos in the States. But not to worry, that part of Canada they speak the same language as we do, with a couple of exceptions. Hydro=ELectricity, aye=not sure what that is but they say it a lot.
    There are other words as well, and when they say it's 40 degrees, they mean it's really hot! (Celcius) I can't make it on a week night, too far from New Jersey. Maybe if it had been in South Toronto...........

4. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    Who's the conductor? Steve Chenette, my trumpet teacher in college, does some of that in the Toronto area.

5. Happy Canuck

Happy Canuck Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Ed, Steve has retired from conducting the Northdale Concert Band .... but he is still playing in Northdale sitting beside me in fact. I'll tell him you asked about him.

But North Toronta had him as a conductor and fired him !!! Their board felt he was too demanding, everyone else in Toronto was astounded! Certainly their loss.

He is a great guy and the best conductor I've every played under.