Jon Ruff joins Stomvi USA as Online PR Contact

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by [email protected], Feb 17, 2012.

1. feedback@stomvi-usa

[email protected] Piano User

Jan 24, 2012
    Newhall California
    In order to better communicate with our growing online community, I have hired Jon Ruff to be our Internet Public Relations Contact. Jon is a great player who enjoys "talking trumpet" and we welcome him to our family. His direct email address is [email protected]. Feel free to ask him any questions about our products and rest assured that, if he is unsure of an answer, he will research it for you.

Again, welcome aboard Jon!

2. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Congrats Jon! I expect some of these cool horns in your videos now.

3. rufflicks

rufflicks Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    K.O. thank you for making me part of the Family. I have known K.O. for nearly 20 years and have enjoyed working with him as a customer. It is no secret I have become a big supporter of his products; they work well for me and I believe they will work well for many. K.O. assisted me through some challenging times and proved over and over he is committed to helping his customers. I hope more people discover the benefits Stomvi-usa products and services offer. I will thoroughly enjoy providing information and answers about these fine products and custom services. Thank you again for making me part of the Stomvi-USA family, I can't wait to get started.

Jon

4. rufflicks

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Cody
    Thanks for the positive comment. My youtube channel is a complete separate entity from my position at Stomvi-USA. I started work on that channel concept a long time ago. It is exactly what it claims it is a source of fun information that is not necessarily found in a class or on the web. Most of the playing on the videos posted on rufftips is done on my VR-II as that is the horn I play. I have done videos in the past of some of the Stomvi products simply to provide a reference for those that don't have access to these horns.
    I want to be clear that my youtube channel is not going to be and has not been a advertisement for Stomvi-USA. I will keep SUSA product related material off my rufftips channel. I will post that information for SUSA in other ways. The SUSA videos will be for the purpose of allowing viewers to listen and make their own assessments of the instruments and products.
    Believe me Cody I appreciate your you support and enthusiasm. I just don't want people to make any assumptions or confuse my private posts with my posts that represent SUSA. If you have any requests for horn or product demos feel free to get a hold of me and let me know. I will do my best to direct you to them or get some done.
    Thanks again Cody I hope I get to meet you some day.
    Jon

5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    That would be neat. But I meant your account, not the Hi Kids videos. I saw a video where you were comparing 2 cool horns and now that you will have access to many many horns you might be able to do some comparisons with other brands. Now that I think, it was a Bach 37 and a Stomvi something. With your horns, you have the silver and the raw brass one. Do you prefer raw brass on your Bb and silver on the C for any reason? sorry if I got the finishes wrong but that is what I think it was.
    -Cody

6. rufflicks

Dec 9, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Cody,
    Sorry to be slow getting back to you we are on the road and my wifi is veeerrrrryyyy slow. I am not picky about finish I have only noticed a difference in the way one horn plays. I have played several Conn vintage one flugelhorns and the finish that seems to play the best is the burnished lacquer. So I have a one of those and love the way it plays and sounds. Don't know why but it just plays better. I typically pick the horn by the way it plays not by finish. I have had raw brass but I will eat through the brass too fast. I like the way burnished looks but all my burnished horns are lacquered. My C trumpet is a burnished lacquered Bach that has a Spach conversion. It plays great! My current Bb is a burnished lacquered VRII am am trading it for a gold plate VRII big bell. I just love the way that horn plays. My Pic is a Gold plated Stomvi Elite Combi it is a great playing horn. So the finish is not the deciding factor for me, it is about the way it plays and sounds. If you are lucky you will find a finish and the blow you want. Don't let the finish determine the horn you pick.

Flugel Girl thanks for the like.

Jon