JTR-606ML or JTR-606MS - help please :)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JTR-606ML, Apr 2, 2009.

1. JTR-606ML

JTR-606ML New Friend

Apr 1, 2009
    Sydney
    Hi all,

I am completely new to the trumpet world and don’t know much about the instrument. However, I always wanted to learn how to play a trumpet.

I found two Jupiter trumpets for sale one is JTR-606ML and the other one is JTR-606MS (silver plated). The difference in price was very small.

I did not feel comfortable with the sale representative and his advice as it looked like his knowledge in trumpets, especially the Jupiter ones was rather limited.

So I need help! Which one is better? What do you think about the Jupiter trumpets? Which one would you get?

Thank You!

2. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    hello JTR !
    Jupiter trumpets are very good... pick wich one you like more . silver finish is much rezistant along the time... but with a good maintenance , the gold laquer is also durable... there is another model 606MRL with a gold brass bell for a warm rich tone ...
    what's the price for these two model ?!?

3. JTR-606ML

JTR-606ML New Friend

Apr 1, 2009
    Sydney
    Thank you marsuleu!

The 606ML is $999 AUD and the other one is $1099 AUD. The 606MS model is on sale at the moment, its regular price is $1299 AUD.

4. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    then go for it !
    but if you are a beginer, and never blow a trumpet , perhaps you should try something less expensive for the begining..untill you lern how to care and play a trumpet, it's better to have a low price one . only for a few months, and then you can get one Advanced Stundent or Intermediate Model ( just like these 2 Jupiter models) .
    good luck !

5. JTR-606ML

JTR-606ML New Friend

Apr 1, 2009
    Sydney
    Thank you for that advice :-) it does make sense.

I've been playing keyboards and guitar for over 25 years, plus I am not a kid who is going to drop the instrument, skretch it or damage it :-)
    I have borrowed an old trumpet of a friend - I've had it for just over a month. I do know the basic, like how to make a sound, how to clean it, oil the valves etc.

Cheers

6. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    what a coincidence ! I've been playing keyboards and guitar since 1993 (more than 15 years) ! in 2007 i've decided to play trumpet ! unfortunately I have not enough time to play all these , so I sold all guitars, but kept my Korg PA800 Arranger... :)
    btw, if you are already familiar with the trumpet, then buy that Jupiter ! you wont be dissapointed !

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    G'day JTR - all good advice above - but my personal thoughts (having played for a few years BTW) is to go for it - spend the money, your skills will continue to expand to fill the trumpet. Yes a professional level horn will initially be "harder" to play because it has less resistance, but there is immense scope for you, and the Jupiter is not to be sneezed at for quality. I play beside a young lady who has a Jupiter student/intermediate horn, {while I play a Getzen 900 (considered a professional level horn)}, and I DO REALLY like her sound. It's not because she's pretty either. :-)

8. JTR-606ML

JTR-606ML New Friend

Apr 1, 2009
    Sydney
    marsuleu - was it hard for you to conquer the world of trumpet?! Did you find it difficult?

tedh1951 - thanks a lot mate. If you ever need a keyboard player...just yell out, I might like the sound of that nice lady's trumpet too ;-)

So, I guess Jupiter is the way to go!!! I'm getting my 1st trumpet!

9. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    1)YES ,very hard, and still it is ! after more than 1 year , I'm still a beginer , but things become clear day by day ! I am learning by myself , no teacher help, just me, my trumpet and the internet(movies, tutorials..etc) .not even trumpet methods , because I'm not able to read partitures. yes, I know, shame on me, but I didn't studied music on school ... just a hobby !!! maybe that's why I found it very hard to play ! but I have ambition, and I don't give up ! and that's what I suggest you to do if you realy like it ! anyway , it won't be that hard as for somebody who never played an instrument. you know music and everything about it, and this will help you very much. If I could, you can too !
    2) good luck with it !

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Marsuleu - I too couldn't read music - I bought a cheap fundamental book, written by a piano player and taught myself. To paraphrase you, .... if I can do it - so can you ....., it WILL help. :thumbsup: