jupiter tribune series

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oldyoung_guy, Jan 28, 2006.

1. oldyoung_guy

oldyoung_guy New Friend

Jan 27, 2006
    calexico ca
    i was wondering what you folks think about the
    jupiter tribune series. They are not as expensive
    as other brands but according to jupiter they are
    comparable in quality. do any of you play one?
    just asking because i'm curious

Aaron Garcia

2. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I play one. I got mine about 2.5 years ago (i think) and I went to Chuck Levin's store to buy it.

That day I actually tried out some bach strads, yamaha xeno, and some other brand name horns and the Tribune played just as great as the other horns and it was within my price range.

I've played all types of gigs with that horn. From big band jazz to playing with the Baltimore Symphony. It really is a versatile horn and for me it gives me all that I want from a horn.

dang, i sound like a ad....

3. oldyoung_guy

oldyoung_guy New Friend

Jan 27, 2006
    calexico ca
    i'm asking because i'm not sure if i want to go
    to xeno 8345g or a jupiter tribune i'm really
    stuck between the two. the problem is that here
    where i live there is no closeby music shop where
    i can go try these horns out.

4. Weedyweidenthal

Weedyweidenthal Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2005
    get Xeno... even though i don't personally like yamaha. you don't want to end up with a low quality horn that you won't be able to play for real. Jupiter won't last nearly as long or play as well in tune as a yamaha.
    -Weedy

5. Youri le god

Youri le god Pianissimo User

Jan 23, 2004
    London, UK
    If you think the Tribune is a low quality horn then you clearly haven't played one!!

6. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I second this.. if you think tribune is low quality you're wrong.

7. ZeuSter

ZeuSter Pianissimo User

May 22, 2004
    The Tribune line of trumpets are very well made horns . They are very competitive with the other well known pro line horns with in their price range.
    I think the guy that said that they wouldn't last really doesn't know what
    he is talking about.

8. UWGtrumpet

UWGtrumpet New Friend

Jan 5, 2007
    I personally don't like the tribune series from jupiter because its a really heavy horn and its got alot of back pressure to it. When I played on it I wasn't able to do the acrobatics as well as I could on their other professional models. but I have to say they are good to play on try to stay away from their 25th anniversery one for some reason it tends to collect alot of water. but that could just be me.

9. asd

asd Banned

Dec 28, 2006
    THis Jupiter stuff is really thorny. And a big problem. part of it is their own fault. Before i go any further, I own an XO that outplays just about anything.

Now the XO I play does not say Jupiter on it--it's an XO--but its a Jupiter becuase its made in their pro shop in Tiwann. To confuse things more--its only available in Japan, where I bought it last summer.

Now i live in Paris. There is a Jupiter altier here, like the Yamaha alteir in the Ginza section of Toyko where all of the Yahama horns are availabe to try and buy.

Now the Jupiter Altier in Paris, only has the Jupiter horns availabe in Europe, so my XO was not there. But they have a new artist modle that's about 2000USD thats absolutely fabulous, but its not avalible in the East or in the US.

There is also another great horn--the 800G--based on a galeleo design, but again, this horn is avalible in Australia and Europe--and not in the US.

Now many Tribune modles avalible in the US say XO--they are not XO horns in the sence that they were coustom made in the Tiwann pro shop, which adds even more to the confusion.

If Jupiter could get it's marketing together, I beleive that there woul be a huge demand for the horns.

But i will admit: when I came to Paris, I brought my bach, and not my XO becuse there is still a negative view in some people's minds over these horns (see above poster.)

So as much as i like and play my "Jupiter" I worry about its acceptance.

I hope all of that can end soon.

10. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played a few of the XO's and was really impressed. Jupiter has come a long way and I can't wait to see how far they go in the future!