Juries Tomorrow.....wish me luck

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ScreaminRaider, May 7, 2006.

1. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well folks, my Juries are tomorrow. I will be playing the Leopold Mozart. I had two great rehearsals with my pianist, and I feel that tomorrow will go great......wish me luck.

2. mbfan

mbfan New Friend

Apr 13, 2006
    wishing you all the best!!! let us know how it goes!!

3. Spleeyah!

Spleeyah! Pianissimo User

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey, Jon. Kick a$$ and take names! Good luck.

4. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Hey Brad, Good to see you around. Thanks

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Best wishes!

6. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well what a day. I got to school and took my Aural Skills final, then hit the practice room for a good warmup. I warmed up on my Bb first, then did some warmups on my picc. I felt great and was ready to go at 11:30. However, my pianist never showed up!!! I sat there for 4 hours. I tried to keep warm by playing some long tones and scales every 30 minutes or so, but It wasn't enough. One of the staff accompanists played for me (he sightread perfect), but it did not go the way I wanted it to. I got an A on the Jury, but I wish I could've done it again.

7. DonJuanTrompeta

DonJuanTrompeta New Friend

Apr 12, 2005
    Break a leg. Juries can be a real pain sometimes, but it's one of those things you can't avoid, and it'll make you a great musician. I hope you do exceptionally well, and learn from these juries. I sure as heck did.

Play great!

Paul

8. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Screamin'- I think of "good luck" as an insult to the work I've done. So I usually don't say it to anyone.

What I do say is: "play well"... let us know how things go. You must have done a ton of work on Mozart and all the basics. It's not luck...it's preparedness and skill. Play well and show the comittee (I can't ever remember how to spell that word!) how much work you've done.