Just a Few Chris Botti's Trumpet Music Notes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Oct 12, 2008.

1. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Mason:

I think with practice, I could and you could play the notes. The question would remian, could we sound as smooth as CB.. For me, the answer would be "no". I'm blaming it all on not owning a Committee....

2. max3k

max3k Mezzo Piano User

Jan 7, 2007
    Yea! If I had a Commitee, I could sound smooth too. Who wants to give me one? It would be sooo smooth.

3. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    *throws arms in the air* I CAN'T PLAY THIS!!!!......

4. Gregory

Gregory New Friend

Jul 25, 2011
    Russia
  5. PINCHUNO

PINCHUNO Piano User

Apr 4, 2005
    Tenerife
    Too many uptight people. Sorry guys, but it's true. Hands up he/she who has absolutely NO "pirate" or home made copies of ANY tapes, CD's, vinyl, VHS, or any downloaded mp3's, or youtube videos, or any music or films from the web? Eh? Well if you have none of the afore mentioned, then you're a saint.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    While I find it interesting reading from the archives of TM, I would like to first say that transcribing from the original masters is a great way for us to learn the art. Claudio Roditi thought me exclusively through transcribing the work of others... I eventually integrated the many styles and techniques into forming my own vocabulary. So I do agree with PINCHUNO that we should not sequester the works of others to advance our own potential.

But we should also not profit from the works of others without some way giving the value back to those that put the blood, sweat and tears into creating the works that we strive to reproduce... when we do this in front of an audience for our own profit... this does become a bit of a thready ethical issue...

...but it is the complexity of the world of copyright that is the thorn in the side of we professional musicians that play to a paying audience.

7. Randall Nelson

Randall Nelson Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    ...I actually bought the book when it first came out...early in my latest and final comeback attempts and well before I had developed the capability to play all of what's in the book. It has been great to work on as a long term project and I enjoy picking it up and working on something or just playing the pieces I have worked through. I'm glad I got it when I did...

Thanks to Chris for putting this out for us to have.

BTW, I have a Committee and it does not make any of the pieces any easier nor unfortunately does it make me sound like Chris. :-( Guess a trumpet is not like a player piano...

Best,
    Randy