Just got the Bonna Triple

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by miles71, Jun 10, 2005.

1. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    After a week long battle with UPS I finally got a Marcus Bonna triple case to try out. After all of the kind words I have heard of them I was expecting "Super Case", but I dont know..........

The case is very well made, but I cant get my flugel and a Bb to fit in it. When I put a Bb, C, and Picc. I have just enough room left over so the horns can rock inside their areas. I dont want a backlash, but the old wolfpak I had seemed to hold the instruments more snuggly in a smaller case. I have heard bad things about the wolfpak, but has anyone had a good experience?

Am I just hard to satisfy? Maybe I have been jaded by years of dissapointment? I just want a nice case, is that so wrong?????

I'll have to decide soon if this case is worth the $250.00. This is way to much brainpower for a box for my plumbing.

2. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    I bought and returned a MB quad. My dream case was to carry 2 big horns(combination of Bb, C, or two 2 Bb's), flugel, and mutes. I might swap one big horn for a cornet or picc sometimes too. I could get the horns in but I couldn't get the mutes inside in a way I felt comfortable with. I couldn't figure out a way to pad the mutes so I wouldn't scratch of dent the flugel. The mutes didn't fit in the trumet spot either so even trumpet, flugel, and mutes didn't fit it.

I'm just going to suck it up and buy a Wiseman. They're pricey but they seem like the best option and I'll probably use it forever.