just had to tell someone

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oldgit, Jul 29, 2010.

1. oldgit

oldgit Pianissimo User

Jun 16, 2010
    Basingstoke, England
    By way of a thanks to all who have answered my posts

Today for the first time i got above the staff playing a scale, not just once but a solid 10 times in a row, topped out at A.
    never done that before, tone is good up to E then goes a bit thin but will keep working on it.

My motto for the trumpet

I may not be a good player but if i practice every day with a purpose I can only get better.

thanks again guys

rettepnoj likes this.
  2. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    SUPER!!! Keep up the great work!! I like your motto.

3. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I second that..:lol:

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Good player ? Bad player ? The most important thing is to improve one's playing and to enjoy it, IMHO.

5. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    That's the ticket. If you're motivated to get better and work at it, you will. :thumbsup:

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    With a high A you have everything in the hymnbook covered. That means there alone more than 700 tunes that you can play!

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You've also got much of the Community Concert Band stuff put away too - well done. The third chair (and much of the second) is there for the grasping. :thumbsup:

8. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    Congratulations! Trumpet success can be hard fought which makes it that much sweeter.

David

9. oldgit

oldgit Pianissimo User

Jun 16, 2010
    Basingstoke, England
    Thanks for all your comments. Will need to keep working on the scales until i can reach all the notes on demand not just as part of a scale. Its amazing how much music opens up with a few more notes.
    Will still have to do the happy birthday to all the little ones at school next term tho but might jazz it up a bit when i can.
    thanks again
    steve

10. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    I think your motto covers all of us. Thank you for the humble reminder to those of us with the trumpet player's mentality of superiority. Music is fun and mostly a cooperative effort of the group. How does that go?...THERE IS NO 'I' IN BAND. Keep having fun and best wishes.