Just putting out some feelers...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DaTrump, May 29, 2014.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    When I quit playing, I didn't sell my trumpet. So, when I started again after about a 7 year layoff, I had a horn...an early 1960's Conn 6B Victor. Like a dummy, I sold it when I got a good deal on a used Bach Strad. I have another one now (thanks to eBay), but I don't play it much.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    student trumpet
    You can afford it and its already beat up for you!! HAHAHAHA!!!! Welcome back and save your money for a.... drum roll please.... GETZEN (Severinsen or 900H will suffice)!!!! ;-)

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  4. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    Welcome Back !

My comeback horn was my first horn ,Conn 15B Director ,like an old friend she welcomed me back after 35 years .

Then i got all hung up on having a pro horn ,never had the chance to play anything but a student model up till then,so i got a 22B Conn from a guy on this forum .

After a year I had a chance to snag a 18B director with a Coprion Bell (E.Bay) 90$, which is at a friends house now ,He's supposed to be practicing with it, but the last time I spoke with him he hasn't been ,,:dontknow:

Somewhere in there I got a 1929 Holton ,175 $ ,,didn't play it for a long time ,had no proper m\p, finally found one after a year or so and have played it a lot since .

Several months ago I found a Bundy at a yard sale for 60$ a fairly new horn which was put away wet and not played for 3 years It had one slide stuck,,I cleaned it and played it a few times then cleaned it again and sold it to a grandad who needed a decent horn for his grand daughter hopefully she is enjoying it.

All this to say that you may want to find a horn like you had at first or not ,it really doesn't matter ,what's important is getting back to playing AND enjoying yourself ,I can't stress that enough .

Also you can see that there are many, nice,cheap,horns around if you look .

Play what you can find for a while then you can decide to step up if you like later ,Welcome back and have fun ! :play:

Dean_0

5. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    A short story that speaks volumes...:-)

6. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Glad to hear you've changed your mind and are joining we come backers. Have enjoyed your previous posts.

My comeback horn it is/was the Recording listed below. It was partly responsible for me totally falling in love with the trumpet this time around. I still play it from time to time, but may have cured my n+1. Even if I thin down the herd, the Recording will probably stay.

tj