Just those people in the section.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ricecakes230, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    ricecakes230, there is some good news. At the professional, freelance level you won't have to work with people like your bandmate unless you are playing some bottom of the barrel gigs. There are some really fine (as in great) players that don't work much because they are jerks.

Professional players are asked to show up on time, play their part without screwing up, and be nice (or even fun) to work with.

2. ricecakes230

ricecakes230 Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you VB

3. ricecakes230

Jan 15, 2013
    Texas
    Why would I do this?

4. ricecakes230

Jan 15, 2013
    Texas
    Haha thanks

5. ricecakes230

Jan 15, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you. You have a great point

6. ricecakes230

Jan 15, 2013
    Texas

7. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    So, there's a bit of jealousy going on, and he's being a jerk. Your position should be something like, "I didn't ask for this position, just like you I auditioned for it; and the director chose me." You should also say that in the future you will continue to audition and do your best and be satisfied with the choice the director makes. And you might end by telling your antagonist that if he isn't satisfied with the director's decision he should talk to the director.

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Some very good advice here, and I think you can tell which is the best for you, ricecakes.

I had a similar situation in my HS band experience with the challenging thing. I think it was the other way around for me, and I thought I could do better than the one in front of me. But maybe the band director was encouraging me to extend myself. I challenged several times and never lost and then it was me with no one else to challenge. No one ever said anything to me about not deserving my position since they knew I earned it.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    We had the challenge system at my primary schools as well. Kept me on my toes. I like methodologies that keeps me on my toes.

10. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Please take more time to form your questions. You are speaking to adults, not your school friends........LIKE....