Just to clear things up

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Mar 15, 2010.

1. sach7581

sach7581 New Friend

Mar 14, 2008
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    I was much older than chet fan when I set in stone my own personnal rules about writing anything negative.
    1. Never use bad language.
    2. Never use sexually suggestive or raceist content.
    3. Don't respond when you are angry.
    4. If you have to respond when you are angry, let somone critique it and listen what they say before you send it.
    5. Don't write anything negative if you are tired or haven't had enough sleep.

Writing when I haven't had enough sleep is the one that woke me up. Never again.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hey all,
    don't get the idea that banning is a solution for anything. It is not in our interest to lock out members with "non-standard" attitude. I really get a case though when questions are asked but answers not accepted. Post weak - get an appropriate answer. Fish for compliments, and you probably won't get them. Expect 1 on 1 lesson material, and you better be ready for the truth.

CF has some soulsearching to do. His weaknesses are not our fault and the answers were truthful. If he enjoys his stay here, then basic netiquette is all thart is required.

Infants are often placed in pens to keep them from hurting themselves. It is entertaining to watch them learn to walk, but sometimes we need a break.

3. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    You misunderstood me. I accepted the answers and as the matter of fact I am using advices that I got from that thread. I listen to articulation more closely, I use metronom, I play along the records. And most important I am trying to improve my breathing and breath support.

The thing that really bugs me is the thing Nick from Vidin,Bulgaria posted. He said "thank god not all begginers record themselves and post it on forums" That was attack not only on me, not only on all of begginers but on essence of TM forums. TM forums are place for begginers to put their videos on so that vider audience can judge them, not only their teacher (of questionable quality) and fammily members.

thank you. I sincerely hope that Nick also got some kind of warning

And in the end I am sorry guys if I offended anyone, I really am (apart form Nick that is)

4. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I give up. Chet haven't learned anything (or he failed to demonstrate it) from his thread 4 months ago and I seriously doubt that there was any benefit of his recent thread except making most of us nervous for no reason.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  5. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    You know it is really hard to tell how sincere ones response to something is in a forum like this. However, if Chet_Fan is sicere in his last post he may have very well learned something through all of the angry retorts. Doing the things he says he has implemented we al know will help him.

Now, Chet_Fan there is a well known saying in America, "Don't cry over spilled milk". Meaning, you and TrumpetNick had a bit of a tiff, insults might have even flown around. But, just let it go. It takes far more out of your soul to keep a grudge feed, than just to let go of it. Who knows TrumpetNick might be the exact kind of guy you like to hang with.

So, good luck and let us all remember; we are alljust a bunch of guys who think there can always be more trumpet.

Play loud and proud.

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    First, it doesn't matter where he's from. You should drop that.

Next, there was no attack in his post. You asked for feedback and you received it. You can't dictate what kind of response you'll get once you open the door. You have to suck it up when you get answers you don't like.

His first response on that thread was a bit harsh/direct, but pretty accurate in my opinion. He doesn't deserve a warning. You do.

You'd get a better response here if you had just posted that and nothing else. THe other stuff makes the apology a bit weak.

7. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    You see youre picking on me. I am not saying that I implemented advices from the thread 4 months ago, but from the recent trhead that got locked. Therefore how could I fail to demonstrate anything since I havent posted any video since (I'll do it next week or so)

8. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    I mentioned it only as identification fact, because there are thousands of Nicks all around

9. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    you know when I make appology, I do it because of myself. I had a burden on my soul so I posted appology.

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Let's take a week off and come back with a new attitude.

That...(referring to a member) from another thread... is part of the reason.

Chuck