Just to clear things up

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Mar 15, 2010.

1. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice!

I think you just gave that young man a "time out"!

2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Chet,

I think you need to start over and quit trying to win a battle that you already lost. People will know you by what you post tomorrow, not those in the past. It also will be noted favorably when your postings reflect a better attitude. I would ask you if you believe your present responses are working? Why don't you put your postings of the past behind you and start afresh to attempt with postings to build a better rapport?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

3. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    As always, extremely well put.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Let us not ignore the fact that I ended up censoring a lot of CRAP. I hate censorship, but hate ignorance more. I think that we understand everything that "was" posted.

Chet_Fan, you know now from us that we hear weaknesses in time and tone. Fix that stuff before posting again. Pride is a BIG part of becoming a fine trumpet player. I too am happy that not more is posted. Obviously there can be questions if it helps the playing or only the "fighting spirit".

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Just my take on improving your playing (learning to play).

Learning is a closed loop function - research, absorb, question, play and listen, play again and listen, play - LISTEN SOME MORE, now make pretty music - if you don't like what YOU hear keep trying, altering, researching learning, trying, playing until you do - LISTEN, play, LISTEN, play, and then LISTEN. After all that's over, then ask some questions and maybe, just maybe, ask someone you trust to just listen.

What is the ultimate goal of trumpet playing - for someone to listen and enjoy listening, if you haven't done the listening, learning, listening bit the audience won't enjoy.

Having said that - go and play pretty music - play what YOU enjoy. And no - I didn't say post.

6. mlrenick

mlrenick Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    WOW, Who needs TV drama when you have TM ROFL

7. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    next on "As the Horn Blows".......Chet returns new and improved, playing regular gigs with TrumpetNick.

Tues 8/9c

trumpetnick likes this.