Just Wondering?????

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eclipse trumpets, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester New Friend

Aug 9, 2004
    Belgium, Brussels
    Hi all,

I'm new in town.

Mr Veldkamp, have you tried the Zeus? It might just surprise you.
    Come on over and try one out if you're curious.

I live in Brussels, Belgium and am a brand-new Zeus dealer. Since you're from the Netherlands, that would not be very far for you.

You can find my data on Zacharymusic's dealerpage, or just mail me.

Regards,

David.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Re: Mt.Vernon Bach

In the trombone world they talk about the Blessing B88 which is a copy of the Conn 88H. Generally speaking, the B88 is 95% of the refinement of the 88H at half the price.

I would guess the ZeuS horn is roughly in that ballpark. 90% of the refinement for less than half the price. Will that make it a hit with serious amateurs and pros -- probably not. Will it make it a great value for an intermediate player -- probably.

Jim
    Not in anyway associated with ZeuS! Just my opinion.

3. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Sorry guys that I put the name Zeus in my post.....I didn't want to start a Zeus thread again. We all know that story by now, so again sorry. :cry:

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Hey, it is a horn. We cannot avoid it. I think the discussion about ZeuS has been considerably more civil in the last several months.

Jim

5. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I already had a civil "mailconversation" with Uncle Fester.. :lol:

He will let me test one when he's in my neighboorhood, that's a civil way of dealing I think.

Now back to the topic. :p

6. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    I vote for the 1947 thru 1953 Martin Committee in the Large bore. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this candidate.

Several manufacturers have taken this on recently and I haven't sampled them, so I can't judge the success. A good example of this horn plays as well as any "modern" horn.

Dave