Kanstul 1500A

Discussion in 'Horns' started by WFUnix, Jul 10, 2004.

1. WFUnix

WFUnix New Friend

Dec 8, 2003
    I tried a 1500A for the first time yesterday. What a horn! The sound was absolutely fantastic, and I thought the response was very good as well. I expected the response to be slower since the horn is heavier than most, but it was surprisingly good. The horn was very easy to play. Flexibility was good. I compared it the Kanstul 1500 (and the Conn V1). For my playing and preferences, the 1500A > 1500 > Conn. Fit and finish on the two Kanstuls was very good. I did like the feel of the flat valve tops on the 1500 better than the pearl tops of the 1500A. This will be the next trumpet I purchase just as soon as I can sell some other trumpets to finance it. Wife is wanting me to go to bed, hope to post more later.

Great job Kanstul!

2. Hornie

Hornie New Friend

Mar 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I agree with what you said about the agility of the 1500A and 1500. I tried them both at ITG, and I was simply amazed. The horn stayed right with me on some very fast little licks. And, yes, the Conn is just simply out of its league with the Kanstul horns. There's just no contest.

4. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

A very renowned trumpet artist/teacher here in Phoenix tried a 1500A on some very fast licks. He nailed it first time. Went back to his other horn and was having more difficulty. The reason for this is a Kanstul RESONATES like no other brasswind. Therefore the horn goes where you want it to. You do not have to fight it and make it work. Any Kanstul will out resonate the competition. The person who needs the better resonating tube is the player who can't make it work as well. That's the majority of players. The Pro can play anything and make it work. Although he will appreciate a better instrument. So if you want to give one a try give me a call. We always have them in stock.

TO THE RESONANCE-IT'S WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!

Jack Kanstul