Kanstul 610

Discussion in 'Horns' started by drdoct, Dec 23, 2003.

1. drdoct

drdoct New Friend

Dec 23, 2003
    Griffin, Ga
    I have a Kanstul 610 and had a couple of questions regarding this 'student' horn that hopefully a Kanstul employee can anwser.
    This horn isnt listed anywhere on your site or are there any other references to it on the net except at Pick music (who I bought it from). It's almost as if I own some kind of phantom horn :lol:
    I read the article on Mr. Kanstul and noticed how it referenced the building of the Besson 609 (I presume 609 it just said student models) and how it was used to train the younger employees but now y'all decided not to produce any more. Is my 610 one of the left over 609's that has a different receiver and silverplated? Or is it a horn you still produce. How many of these 610's are out there? I really think someone at the Kanstul factory screwed up big time because to most at the atlanta fest, that 610 outperformed the 700 and the 900! Of course I'm not complaining because I got it at a good price and love how it plays. I guess I'm just curious if I'm the only one out here with a 610 :?

2. slimshady

slimshady Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2003
    Go to kanstulmusic.com and you will find the 610 advertised on the first page. Jack Kanstul is selling them for $40 a month. Really is a good horn.

3. drdoct

drdoct New Friend

Dec 23, 2003
    Griffin, Ga
    Yep thats it, funky spit valves and all! The only thing I'd change were those valves I hate them reversed.

4. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

Well now that the secrets out you'll want to get one for yourself. Because when there gone there gone! This is the best deal going on the net for a quality trumpet. Only a $40.00 investment get's you started. I would not use the word "student" in regards to any of my father's instruments. Entry level would be more fitting. Just read what it says on the bell "Custom Built by". Now that's the truth. So it is a "Custom Edition" horn as is every Kanstul. I'll even sweeten the deal and let you play it for the full length of the contract, 20 months, and you can trade it in and use all the money to get a signature horn. Now that's a deal! But hurray. Quanities are limited.

To The Quality-With Kanstul it's always Custom.

Jack Kanstul