Kanstul celebrates 50 years in the Music Business-Article

Discussion in 'Horns' started by JACKKANSTUL, Dec 16, 2003.

1. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

There is an excellent article on my father's 50 years in the business. It's entitled...From The Largest To The Smallest...KANSTUL Can Build Them All. It was done up in the Music Trades Magazine. To read the article go to www.MUSICTRADES.com. Enjoy.

To The Music,

Jack Kanstul

2. MPM

MPM Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Jack ... where on that site is the article?

3. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Jack,

Congratulations to your entire family! A family-owned company making widely regarded products is something to be proud of.

All the best.

4. JACKKANSTUL

Thank you all for the compliments on the Kanstul family in the music business. Pop makes them and I sell them. Not a bad combination. Makes the name stronger in the industry. Which will ensure we are there in the future. As for the article, you can request a copy from Music Trades or give me a call and I will give you a reprint.

To The Kanstul Family, We will always see to it you have the instruments to make the Music.

Jack Kanstul

5. Kanstulbrass

Kanstulbrass Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA

Hello everyone.

The article on Zig Kanstul ran in the November 2003 issue of Music Trades, an industry publication that has been published continuously for over 100 years. The article can be downloaded (pdf format only) from the Kanstul Website:
    http://kanstul.net/pages/news.html

This should be required reading for anyone considering buying or replacing a trumpet!

Regards,

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Great article about the Kanstul-klan

Hey Gang!

One of the highlights in my life....was the first time I was invited over to Jack's NE Portland Oregon studio and home.

Jack's studio....was far and away more than a studio. It was far more like a museum and candy store for any soul....who loves brass instruments, trumpets, cornets, flugs, bones, tubas. Most walls gleamed with all the latest new instruments on display... direct from his fathers factory.

Jack had an extensive amount of wonderful old vintage Kanstul horns and many other brands that his father had made for other major highest quality horns manufacturers, right there on counters, in show cases, etc.
    I could have spent days....going over the beautifully framed photo enlargements and memorial items...such as his friendship and partnership with the ICON Claude Gordon, after looking those photos...it would appear that Jack, Zig and Claude were like....just one big family.

How fortunate it must have been Jack...to take lessons, or to hear directly the master-trumpeter himself, or to hear him play. For folks like this old badboy, I CAN NOT IMAGINE...SITTING AND HAVING CLAUDE...sitting there, listening to me, or to imagine being taught by such a genius teacher and world class performer of trumpet....and to know that he was also a family friend.
    But it doesn't end there...Jack and Zig met many, many world famous musicians and built a relationship with sooooooo many of these players, throughout the world.

So with that...gang! All of us on this board are so fortunate to have Jack as a not only a moderator, but a gifted and knowledgable teacher and a skilled musician who is taking valuable time out of his busy life...to be available to everyone.

A personal note of thanks JACK KANSTUL...FOR BEING HERE FOR US!!
    don...(your old Seattle trumpet-geek friend...

7. JACKKANSTUL

Don,

As the song goes," It's so good to have you back where you belong....with the Kanstul family." I miss your coming down and hanging. Also the fun of checking out Dave's happening together. So how are things in the Great Northwest! The Southwest is a rockhounds haven. But the desert has it's own beauty. You need to take a ride on one of those Boeing jets you help to make and come see your old amigo. Look at that. I've picked up the lingo down here already. Anyway welcome to the forum.

Asta la vista or is that to the music,

Jack Kanstul

8. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    Thanks for taking time with a co-worker of mine.

Meg. (Maragret) is a new comeback brass player who stopped by my studio yesterday morning and mentioned you had taken the time to answer some questions about instruments.

She made the decision to have her beautiful old vintage baritone reworked by our friend www.oberloh.com here in DesMoines Wa.
    Bye the way....this old horn will be an on-line feature as he disassembles and reworked this old beauty into one of his amazing works of art.

Dave mentioned that over the years...he sees and re-works so many various brands of horns, but still it never ceases to amaze him just how consistant your father, Zig's horns have been....and always gave the same attention to them.....no matter what label was imprinted on the bells of the horns.
    A warm sunny day sounds soooooooo wonderful...to dream about, especially on a cold afternoon here in Seattle. This morning, we had snow in the north end converence zone.

Congrats on your decision to move to Arizona...and Carol and I are more than a bit ENVUS.
    That beautiful old Callet Symphonique, that your father built for Jerome and me.....still never ceases to amaze me how well it has stood the test of time.
    May God Bless you in this new year and the years to come.