Kanstul Eb trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Lawler Bb, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've got a good one for you all:

I went down to Chicago for a couple days to the Midwest Clinic. I tried the Custom Class and Signature Eb trumpets while I was there. For me, I found that the Custom Class played more even and with better pitch. Maybe it was due to the long bell and bore similarities to a C trumpet. I don't know, but for whatever reason I really liked the CCT 923 Eb trumpet. Since I am in the market for an Eb, preferably a long bell like a Bach I thought I would try the Kanstul. I am glad I did, it seems to be a nice horn.

Anyone have any thoughts on this??

2. Jeroen Jongeling

Jeroen Jongeling Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Amsterdam!!!
    I definetly agree with you. The Kanstul Custom E flat/D trumpet is my favorite too. Great intonation and a beautifull warm and full sound. Also the ML bore gives it the resistance I like to have.

Jeroen

3. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

Everyone has their favorites. Both are professional quailty. Many major symphony players prefer the smaller bore "tunable bell" D/Eb trumpet. Tunable Bell trumpets are more difficult to make and you have to be very careful with them. But for "tuning" they are the best way to go. The Long Bell model like the Custom Class is a larger bore which some prefer. Any way you go you can't go wrong with a Kanstul Brasswind. I keep them all in stock and work with my customers so they get the Kanstul that works best for them. Remember: Nothing Resonates Like a Kanstul. Nothing!

To The Music-A Kanstul will make it Resonate throughout the Hall.

Jack Kanstul

4. MrV

MrV New Friend

Jan 27, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA USA
    JACKKANSTUL,

Can you give links of orchestra players that are curently using a Kanstul trumpet with the orchestra? Maybe even their opinions on the horns?

I would love to see pics...

I'm interested in the C trumpets, D/Eb and Piccolo Custom Class models.
    I'm considering buying these trumpets. Talking/knowing someone who actually uses them in an orchestra will help make my decision.

Thanks!

5. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Jack,

Thanks for your above reply and I have another question.

Why would the smaller, tunable bell Eb be better with respect for tuning? I have played several Schilkes in that style and I found a Bach to be better every time. Does a tuning bell automatically make intonation better? Just curious, since I have not noticed that trend.

6. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

Tuning at the end of the pipe as opposed to the beginning is preferable for some players. Both horns play great. It is a personal choice. John Head when he was principal for the Atlanta Symphony had the whole section playing on Kanstul copperbell C trumpets. And a very famous frenchman owns the same C trumpet. Liked it so much he bought one for his son.

To Keyed Trumpets-Kanstul has them all, everyone World Class.

Jack Kanstul