Kanstul Repair Service

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    When a horn has a sticky valve only when playing, I always ask the player to play the horn for me so I can diagnose their hand position. When the player is playing the horn is when the bad habits kick in. Consider how your hand position changes when your brain is focusing on the rest of playing the trumpet other than just pressing valves.

patkins likes this.
  2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
  3. Kanstulbrass

Kanstulbrass Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    I understand and appreciate your disappointment, but full disclosure here: you called us today after hours and all the people I would need to talk to (in order to better understand the situation and therefore help you) were already gone for the day.

With all due respect to you, our valuable customer, Kanstul Musical Instruments deserves a fair chance to help you before we discuss the "not so good news" in a public forum.

Best regards,

patkins likes this.
  4. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    This was not directed at Kanstul Musical Instruments as much as it was directed at Ebay. I fully expect that this will have a happy ending based on everything I have learned about the people at Kanstul!

Full disclosure - I researched your reputation on this forum (and elsewhere) and this is what convinced me that the best way to ensure things would be handled properly was to send the horn to you. All info on KMI was and is extremely positive!

Please accept my humble apology if there was any misunderstanding!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  5. Trumpet Dreamer

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    The valve exhibits this problem even when not being played, but it is not quite so prevalent. I can push the valve straight down, and it feels as though someone put gravel inside the valve casing. When I release my finger from the valve completely so that it may return to the up position, it moves in SLOW motion. The problem is much more serious than a players bad habit. I can fix a bad habit!

6. Kanstulbrass

Kanstulbrass Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    Hi Folks,

Just got off the phone with our pal Trumpet Dreamer. He is sending the horn back at our request. We will inspect and advise, but this time I'll be sure that I'm included in the process.

Best regards,

7. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I am so appreciative of a company that stays so aware of their consumers to take such length of time and reach out to help! This alone speaks volume to Kanstul's integrity!

8. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Glad this was dealt with by all in a good manner!

9. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Charles rocks

10. Trumpet Dreamer

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    I agree! And his pro-active position in dealing with this issue is very much appreciated. This is one reason why the decision was made to purchase a horn made by Kanstul.