Kanstul serial number

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patrizio, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Patrizio

Patrizio Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    Hello folks,

I bought a pre-owned Kanstul Burbank 3x+ with 2464 serial number, I would appreciate very much if some of you could help me to find out the year of manufacture.

2. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    From what I could gather from tis website. Dating Your Benge, your horn was manufactured around 1951. I could be reading this wrong, but that is what I could tell.

3. Patrizio

Patrizio Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks mrsemman, this is a Burbank which has been made more recently by the Kanstul Factory, the numbering is not that of the Benge.

4. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Burbank? What does it read on the bell? The Benge made a model #3X. Some were made by Kanstul later on, as they did with Besson. The Burbank was usually just a model name.

5. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    Zig has been making the "Burbank" line if trumpets for a bunch of years now. They are not Benges, but built in the benge style/design. The only way to date it is to call kanstul. They are usually pretty good about that type of stuff over the phone. Just give them a call.

6. Patrizio

Patrizio Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    On the bell you can read:
    The Burbank trumpet custom built by Kanstul musical instruments Fullerton, CA USA

7. Patrizio

Patrizio Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks, I am in Italy, I wrote an email, maybe Jack Kanstul can answer....

8. Jolter

Jolter Piano User

Apr 1, 2009
    Sweden
    Not that the OP will notice, or care any longer, but I have it on pretty good information that Burbank trumpets with serials beginning 228X and 235X were both sold new in 1991. (I have masked one digit to protect the innocent.)
    I would infer that 2464 would be built shortly thereafter, in 1991 or likely no later than 1992.