Kanstul Vs. Other Kanstul Made Horns

Discussion in 'Horns' started by JACKKANSTUL, Nov 10, 2003.

1. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

Want to know the difference between a "Kanstul Made Horn" and the real McCoy that has the KANSTUL SIGNATURE on the bell? Don't be :oops: to ask. That's what this forum is all about. Find out why players are so :p about Kanstul. You will also find out why they are so :D over dealing with me and my service. But make sure you ask or you will stay :? and :x playing all that other equipment out there.

To the Music

Jack Kanstul

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I would love to know what is different between the horns Kanstul makes for various people and "The Real Deal!

Are there different levels of quality?

Is the same equipment used?

Are the same people actually making all the various models. Kanstul models.. And models Kanstul makes for people?

TM

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Yes Jack, do tell! No one can count all the arguments over what is a Kanstul and what is not.

Greg

4. JACKKANSTUL

OKAY. HERE IS THE REAL DEAL :!:

This thing basically boils down to a RESONATING TUBE. :shock: That's right. All you have to do is make this thing resonate better and your job will be a whole lot easier. :eek: Except how do you do this. :roll: That's the secret. :? You could practice like crazy and learn to manipulate this tube so well you could play any piece of brass and make it sound like something. Then you could tell all your friends to go out and buy the horn you are hawking at the moment. :idea: Or you could actually get a better RESONATING TUBE to begin with and sound better instantly. Then you would go from this :cry: to this :D This is exactly what my father has done. 8) Now while he has made horns for other people if you were in his shoes and owned the factory would you give your best efforts to someone else :?: Or would you save them for yourself? :idea: You see until you've tried a KANSTUL you haven't tried a kanstul. And until you've dealt with my service you haven't had service like only family can give. Because when your name is on the bell it's not just another instrument. Remember: Nothing Resonates like a KANSTUL. Nothing!!!

Stay tuned for more. But first a short break for some more questions :?:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    From what I have learned just on this site.. I am amzed that Kanstul makes so many trumpets for so many people. Also parts for so many people to assemble. I never knew that. You guys must be busy! :) How do you find time to make your own?

TM

6. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    I've never had the pleasure of playing a Kanstul Signature horn. About a year and a half ago I was in the market for a new horn. I had seen references to Kanstul instruments, but was unable to locate any locally (Houston area). I contacted Kanstul by e-mail and was told to ask the H&H Music people about them. H&H is an old Houston chain of music stores that was bought out by Brook Mays of Dallas a few years ago.

I contacted, as I remember, three different local H&H music stores. The salesmen had never heard of Kanstul, and told me that if the Kanstul horns were not listed in Brook Mays inventory, they could not even order me a horn from Kanstul. I finally located the Brook Mays trumpet pro shop in Dallas, and spoke to their trumpet sales rep. He knew about Kanstul, but the pro shop did not inventory Kanstul horns. I bought a Kanstul made Besson from him over the phone, partly because of price (they were on clearance), partly because of all the good things I had read about Kanstul, partly because of Zig's association with OLDS ( I have been playing the same OLDS Recording for 43 years), and largely on the recommendation of Clint McLaughlin, who advised me of the quality of the Kanstul made Besson.

All that said, I would still like to try out a Kanstul Signature one of these days. I have been playing the Besson now for about 18 months, and every time I play it, I like it more and more. It's a beautiful playing horn. If Kanstul brand trumpets are superior to this Najoom French Besson model, they must be very fine horns indeed.

7. David

David New Friend

Nov 12, 2003
    ironically

H&H is a Kanstul dealer - they don't seem to kow it :?:

8. JACKKANSTUL

To Still Trying,

All you have to do is ask the right person. All I sell is Kanstul. And I sell more of it than any dealer in the country. I keep it all in stock for you to try. I offer my exclusive Try Before You Buy and Lifetime Warranty to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Nobody will back you on a Kanstul like Jack Kanstul. That's because they have other interests. Remember: Nothing Resonates like a Kanstul. Nothing!!!

To The Music,

Jack Kanstul

9. ZeuSter

ZeuSter Pianissimo User

May 22, 2004
    When I toured the Kanstul
    Factory last summer, Mark Kanstul gave me a tour of the factory and showed me the room where Zig Kanstul works with the resonating tubes . And although I am certainly not an expert in
    the building of trumpets it was amazing to learn about this practice . I think that it makes a great deal of difference ( as Charles has pointied out)
    After the tour Zig Kanstul drove me ariund the corner to the showroom and I played every horn I wanted to ( which was a lot) and had a very imformative visit with an amazing"old world craftsman"--ZIG Kanstul
    It is refreshing to see the true dedication to their craft that the Kanstul family has.

10. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Been wanting to ask you you about the Passant Line.

What is the differance between the Kanstul Mariachi and the Constellation copy? How about the Passant Benge Copy and the Chicago line? I tried the Passant line at Rayburn and they do seem priced higher than the regular Kanstul line.

Thanks