Katrina Timeline

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Manny Laureano, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    All the information from Saturday up until today is contained in this tremendous timeline. The info comes from the New Orleans Picayune not from other bloggers. It seems extremely well-researched and under constant revision. He even beckons to anyone who as accurate, confirmed info that contradicts his to please contact him.

Fascinating reading, this. Read it in it's entirety if you have time. Don't be put off by the site title. This guy has a very good reputation for not posting urban legend.

http://rightwingnuthouse.com/archives/2005/09/04/katrina-response-timeline/

ML

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    It sounds to me that they did everything they could before the storm and after they were overwhelmed.

I do blame the president some. I'm not sure that I can defend him to all of the democrats in my family anymore.

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    There is plenty of blame to go around. Those poor people at the convention center...nobody knew they were there. I saw some footage shot there...it was very disturbing.

Many, many, hands have blame on them. Let's get the situation righted; then let things like blame and the like be taken care of via elections and the democratic process. It is not a perfect system, and many times we just vote the lesser of the 2 evils (he stinks the least), but it will, in the end, eliminate those who should be eliminated. Hindshight is the best teacher, and hopefully we will have leaders with 20/20 hindsight.

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
  5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    I heard something similar on my local NPR station...That is just pathetic. These people will stop at nothing and use anything to their advantage...if you wish to test a man's character, give him power.

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Boy, y'know , Glenn... that made me think of when Beethoven deicated his 3rd symphony to Napoleon Bonaparte and was so infuriated when he turned out to be a dictator that he changed the dedication and called it "Eroica". I'm trying to imagine the rage that he must have felt. Beethoven had little use for the aristocracy and it must have been quite a feeling of betrayal.

ML