Kevin and Allan Dean, Kevin on an Olds Super Recording!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by schleiman, Mar 21, 2012.

1. schleiman

schleiman Piano User

May 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    So recently I have come accross some videos on youtube entitled Jazz.Period. Kevin Dean is the trumpeter and often the composer. And I must say, he is one of my favorite players. In these two clips he is playing on a gorgeous Olds Super Recording. I love his attacks. His articulation is just superb, and he phrases with a haunting beauty that just thrills me when I listen to him play. I love his playing. Allan is a wonderful player as well. Really cool stuff. It is now a dream of mine to move to Canada and study with Kevin at McGill university. Now all I need to do is practice like crazy for about 4 more years, get the money, and convince my wife. :)

Jazz, Period. - Last March - YouTube

Jazz, Period. - Tango by Kevin Dean - YouTube

2. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Great clips. I really enjoyed the "wrist twirl" of the pianist at the beginning of the Tango clip. Nice way to start!

Pat

3. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Allan Dean could play on a garden hose and sound good.
    We had him featured on one of our Iowa Trumpet festival and he arrived with his horns but forgot his mouth piece for his cornetto or zink which he planned to play on his recital.
    He was so nonchalant about it we were in shock.
    We cut down a cornet mouthpiece for him and he went on stage as if nothing happened. A real Pro.