Kindle for sheet music?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by monkeymark, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
  2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I played with a group.. everyone in the rythym had an ipad ... pick a song.. pick the key ... done.

3. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Can't figure out from the Website if you can use Music Notes to put in your own sheet music pages. Reads like you only get music you buy via them?
    Is that the case?

thanks

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    What I'm seriously looking to invent or get is a gadget that not only shows you the sheet music, but also lets you know where you are in the music- not so much for when there are notes (give me some credit here), but during those agonizingly long rests. How about that for an invention, unless it's already out there?

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    May be great unless THERE IS A SINGER INVOLVED!!!!!! ROFL

6. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Like I said above, I use a 10-inch Android tablet in a jazz trio. So it's mostly for one-page lead sheets, that I've mostly memorized anyway.

If I had to read more complex charts, I suspect that a 10-inch tablet would be too small. But it might work in landscape mode with bigdub's invention.

Mike

7. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I just did a couple of outdoor concerts where the wind was a PITA. One guy in the band has a Kindle or a similar unit. When he first brought it to rehearsal, I thought "how useless". Maybe. But I tell ya, I would have given an arm and a leg for that sucker at these last windy gigs. Something to think about. Hmmmm.

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Or a drummer or director.......:oops:

9. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    I think ''For Score'' can do that for you. It's an iPad App that you can put your music in PDF files (or if the lighting is good, just take a picture of it and it goes straight in). You can crop the size to fit the screen and even tear the page and show just half of it. Just a tap on the screen and it changes page instantly. I believe you can count out all the bars in the piece and set the metronome and it counts time for all the long breaks you might have. Not sure if that's true as I like the counting practice.

I have folders set for my Practice Pad, Orchestra Pad and Band Pad. Makes searching for music a thing of the past and can be seen in the dark.

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Exactly what I saw Herbie Hancock and his musicians doing during the whole concert.