king mini trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rwsherm, Nov 4, 2007.

1. rwsherm

rwsherm New Friend

Nov 4, 2007
    Youngstown Ohio
    I own a king mini trumper that was made in 1933. I was told it plays in A. It is finished in silver. I would like to know the best way to clean it. It is in very good condition but is tarnished. I would like to sell it. I have no case for it but I would like to know the approx value on it...............Thank You

BookTrumpeter likes this.
  2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    If this is the very limited run of 'gift' horns that king made, I am pretty sure it is pretty rare, and worth a mint. Take it to an excellent repair tech. He should be able to help you clean it without damaging it. What area of the world are you in?

3. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    If your King mini trumpet is one fourth, 1/4, the size of a real trumpet I am interested in buying it. What part of the world are you in? I hope North America.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  4. rwsherm

rwsherm New Friend

Nov 4, 2007
    Youngstown Ohio
    Here is the information that is on the trumpet. King made by the R.N. White Co in Cleveland Ohio. Liberty Model serial # 134284. The mouth piece also says R.N. White Co. I tried to post a picture of it but have no idea how to do this

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    CHARLIE SCHLUETER has one of King minitrumpets. He showed it at ITG 2007. I suggest you contact him for details and an estimate of what it is worth. Charlie knows just about every person that owns one.

Charlie mentioned in his lecture that he had a Bb version and that he played the Brandenberg on the horn. His 2007 lecture should be posted on the ITG website.

I suggest you advertise this trumpet in the ITG journal as an auction item on ebay that will be available on a certain date on ebay. Work the value from the ebay bids. You need to advertise the ebay auction on trumpet sites. It may be worth the advertising money.

You may have to contact CHARLIE SCHLUETER through the Monette company.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  6. Happy Canuck

Happy Canuck Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    Toronto, ON Canada
  7. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    To post an image go to WaffleImages: Upload click browse. Find your picture then click upload

When you upload your image copy the text that shows up that says image code.

paste that in a reply in this topic.

8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I will save you the trouble of cleaning it. Sell it to me.
    Thank you

9. rwsherm

rwsherm New Friend

Nov 4, 2007
    Youngstown Ohio
    Image Code:

10. rwsherm

rwsherm New Friend

Nov 4, 2007
    Youngstown Ohio
    [​IMG]