King Mouthpiece 7M

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nico Kelevra, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    I have a 7M trumpet mouthpiece that came with my King Cleveland Superior trumpet. The question: Does anybody know something about this mp? :-? And I be glad to know something else about my trumpet if you have any information? :?:
    Thanks to all
    Nico :D

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I was given the trumpet by a friend. It came with a King M18, whatever that means. It is basically a student horn that is pretty good. The intonation on mine is not good but since it was a gift from a friend, I keep it. Everybody it seems made a "7C" mouthpiece so it's anyone's guess as to it's characteristics.

3. Joe44

Joe44 Pianissimo User

Apr 21, 2011
    Upstate Ny
    Yeah I have an old King 7M. It was with my bugle that I have had since I was 4 or 5. It's a good mouthpiece I am not sure of its origin because I am positive that it isn't orginal to the bugle. I think that it could be King's version of the 7C. I have been trying to find information about this mouthpiece as well. I don't believe it is still being manufactured and I think the one that I have is from the 1930's or 40's. Sad to say that it has pliers marks on it:-?. It is probably was my Dad trying to get it unstuck from the leadpipe (sigh).

4. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Yeah I used to have one that came with a trumpet I purchased. I sold later on, but I do remember when I measured with my handy dandy calipers the rim diameter was equivalent to the bach 7C, but ever so slightly deeper. Played nice the times I used it, would make a great piece for anybody starting out.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    During the Super-20/Symphony H.N. White Era. King issued a S1/S2 stamped Trumpet mouthpiece. Not sure what was stamped on M.P. issued for the Symphony model. All of these model M.P.'s probably were the same. Just a stamped # to go along with the model Trumpet. Was tapered to fit those model King mouthpiece recievers.

When King KMI took over,the King 7K Trumpet mouthpiece was issued to the Trumpets. My Catalog Ad states; King's new 7-K mouthpiece. Mouthpiece shank is precision tapered to match the mouthpiece reciever in the most ideal manner.

The King 7M Trumpet M.P. was issued later or as a option. The King 7M M.P. was first listed for the Cornets along with the King 7K Cornet M.P.

The King 7K is more in the Bach 10 1/2 Rim size range and cup. The King 7M is more in a Bach #7 rim size with deeper cup. The cup design on both is more of a V/C cup,with thin shanks/ large Symphonic back bores.

Why many have trouble with newer mouthpieces fitting these older vintage King mouthpiece recievers. The King KMI late model Cornets being the worse of the M.P. Reciever lot.

The King 1055T Silver Flairs came issued with the King 7K Trumpet Mouthpiece. Mine does fit very well and plays very well on my Silver Flair. I have a King 7M Trumpet M.P.,but like my King 7K Trumpet M.P. the best.

6. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    I would like to add,that the prices being asked on E-Bay lately for a King 7K or King 7M is off the charts. Most are in fair condition due the the thin shanks,that tend to bend/crack or rot out.

When Dillon Music had plenty of them last year or so. You could buy mint condition ones for $15.00- $18.00 plus shipping. Nothing magical about them,a Bach, Stork or Kanstul will fit your King student horn and play just as well or much better. Good luck

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  7. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    Ok, thanks all for the information. I really want to know about this MP and that you say helps a lot

Nico