King Silver Flare

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Bach 1 1/4C Man, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Bach 1 1/4C Man

Bach 1 1/4C Man Pianissimo User

Jun 10, 2004
    When I get a new Bach 72 are a Yamaha Xeno more likely a Bach should I keep my Silver Flare what type of groups and types of music do most people use them in

2. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Okay, I think someone in my band at school has a King 2055S which has a pretty flower engraving on it. I know he was in jazz band, and concert band. It maybe even ok for a marching band but I don't know.

3. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, I guess one of us understood the question...

4. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Hmmm, I'm confused. :?

If you have a Silver Flair, the horn has a real silver bell on it and it's a collectible horn. Why not keep it? Better yet, forget buying the Bach or Xeno and get really good at playing the King. What type of music are you playing? Is there some reason that the King can't play that sort of music?

As for the Xeno, well, one of the trumpet players in my community band just bought one. I think he's a bit disappointed. Sure, the horn looks great and Yamaha was trying to do something new with the design. The leadpipe is twice as thick as a normal leadpipe, and the end of the leadpipe swells out to meet the tuning slide. But, guess what? It sounds EXACTLY like the rest of the Bachs in the band? This guy already has a Bach---so what does he need another horn that sounds like a Bach for?

Be careful that you don't wind up with the same problem!

Bill