King Tempo Cornet valve cap

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Oct 13, 2011.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Anyone know where I can get a used bottom valve cap 2nd valve for my King Tempo Cornet the e cap is brass the horn silver Thank you Anthony

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Actually all caps are brass that I know of, yet some of them are silver plated. If they are what appears to be brass in color, they are usually lacquered. You could have this lacquer stripped and have your caps silver plated. I'd recommend Andersen to do this. It should not be that expensive, and they are the best.

3. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    no I am looking for the same bottom valve cap I messed it up when I went to clean the horn I wanted to do a good cleaning I should have left it on and worked around it ,so now Iam trying to find a replacement the horn is a King Tempo cornet # 425097 thank you Anthony

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Perhaps your only resource will now be Conn-Selmer in Elkhart IN (Abilene TX ???) who are the successors of King Instruments.

I'm about to have rehabbed to playability, not restoration, a Cleveland Superior trumpet made by King that requires at least one bottom valve cap and likewise one valve key button, thus if a match is not available, all three matching of each I'll want provided. Such will be the tech's challenge. I don't attempt such repairs, as I don't have a parts inventory.