La Rejouissance

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by stewmuse, Oct 27, 2004.

1. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
  2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    That is a fine arrangement. Excellent blending of the "voices." Now get all your trumpet playing friends together :D and come play it at my church.

Seriously, that is excellent. I hope you sell a bunch of copies.

Jim

3. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    Thanks, Jim.
    I was also asked about Bb trumpets being used instead of C's. Yes, they certainly can (and Bb parts can be sent on request), but that will put you in a tougher key (E instead of D). Thanks...

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Just a note of Thanks to Michael here. I recently ordered some Christmas Carol stuff from him for our little trumpet choir to use when we "entertain" craft fairs and such. The package arrived today.

Folks, I highly recommend Michael's music. It is very nicely printed on HEAVY paper (almost card stock) and comes c/w a bound "director's score". Michael is really super easy to work with and provides fast communication. His prices are more than fair as well; (and how many places are there to find "different" arrangements of trumpet choir music?)

Thanks Michael.

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    That is the truth! Very fair prices, high quality stuff. I just need a few more trumpet players around here :(

6. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Well, I have been on the site listening, and I am most definitely going to get Game of Fifths! Baroque is okay, but I absolutely love how that kind of music sound with a real tight brass choir like that! :D

Van

7. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    I also might be going off-topic a bit, but is your choice Bb a Strad?

Van

8. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    Hi Van -
    I played Bach Strads for a long time, but am currently playing a Schilke X4-L, an extra large bore horn. I still use a Bach 1.25C with a 24 throat as my main mpc, and a Bach 1D with a 24 throat for lead playing. I will sometimes switch to a Schilke 15a4a with a 22 throat for lots of real high stuff. Nothing against Bach's, just got a great deal on this horn when my Bach was in great need of retirement!

9. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Interesting. Has anyone ever mentioned your sound is very Strad-like? Of course, in a good way! You sound really rings, and its fun to listen to!

Van

10. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Dr. Jim,

Anytime you have an idea for a brass choir, or what ever brass group, let me know. I'll be honored to come over and help you out. B-flat or C, it doesn't matter. I can likely bring another trumpet player or two with me.

Tis the season to make joyful music unto our Lord. Of course every season is the reason.