Lactic Acid … Warm Down

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Liad Bar-EL, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Majestic

Majestic Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    In your case it is latex teeth from too much pressure not lactic acid lips. :D If you play as you talk, it should be very funny.:lol:

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    it's strange actually, some people laugh and some people cry. :dontknow:

-cw-

3. Majestic

Majestic Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Some people laugh at tragedy and some people cry but when it comes to you playing your horn, it might be that everyone is laughing and only you are crying………..because your latex teeth hurt from too much pressure and your lips are leather anyway……………...just ask your wife.

I see in the two pictures that you posted, it looks like your horn has a grip on you as does your wife who also looks to be the one in the lead on the dance floor. Come on, admit it. :cool:

MJ​

4. Solar Bell

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Man, you are GOOOD!
    Yep, "Old Leather Lips" she calls me...by the way every night!:thumbsup:

And I do grip my horn, and tightly at that! And it has a grip on me.

And boy, does my wife know how to grip me!:whistle:

And dancing....yes the tall blonde can dance, and leading or following, I'm the one dancing with her. And you know what dancing is? Listen to Frank Sinatra.

Now, maybe, just maybe Majestic will tell us who he is. Or she is.
    Or if he/she even plays trumpet. Or if he really IS Rick Chartrand as the rumour goes. Or if anyone even cares what he writes other than to shake our heads in amazement. It's ALWAYS the anonymous little peons with their book knowlege and their stats that come in and try to stir it up and then just quietly exit and become a source of trivia to the remaining members. C'mon magicman, don't be afraid here, we can take being second best. You might even become an esteemed source of information to the loyal hoards here. Ask your band teacher, he will probably say go for it!

You're it!

-cw-

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  5. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Chuck, pleaase promise that you won't tell him about your secret chop trick!;-):cool:

6. Majestic

Majestic Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    In truth, I can only say this…..

Solar Bell

First of all people on this site are on to YOU. There is something very wrong with an individual who has nothing better to do than bother others for no apparent reason. Who made you a moderator anyway? Go on with your own business and stop pestering people in trumpet forums for no reason.

Your paranoia is so high that you believe I am Rick Chartrand? How about MilesD or MissPiggyGirl? If that is your assessment of this situation then I think you had better request an IP check on me.

I have stood up for many people on TH and now on TM who were being bothered by trouble makers like you. I don't tolerate well to individuals who make trouble for others for no reason.

This is a site for professionals to post regarding TRUMPET RELATED issues not to post their paranoia and hatred of others.

Listen to this and attempt to absorb this. Rick Chartrand or any other user on this site is NOT your concern. You are a user ONLY. NOT a Moderator. I think you should start to act accordingly.

A complaint against your distasteful actions have been posted with the TH moderators regarding you behaviour and it seems that you have followed with the same in TM. The moderators or rather the TM admin doesn't seem care what you do so you keep it going. This does not speak well for TM.

You started out to pester me but I have turned this thread around from hate to happiness from your side which is not hard to do. However, like others, I know that in the end you will only give me your "secret chop stick" in my back like you have done to others in TH and now in TM.

Get a life and leave others alone.

MJ​

7. Solar Bell

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Majestic

First of all, I AM a professional musician. Also one that does not hide behind a screen name. Nah, I know you are not Rick/Piggy?MilesD, for one thing you spell better. The TH is welcome to have him. Does he still post there? I haven't been there in a while.

How many people have you stood up for on the TM who have been bothered by me? Those ARE your words.

Where have I shown any HATE to any member of the TM? Your words again.

My secret chop stck??? I think you need to read it again. It says secret chop trick. I don't know what Frank is referring to.

Happiness, hmmm....from what I can see, all the threads up until now have been rather "light" in the tone and message, even when respected pros leave their working, first hand experience and are met with "documented facts" from you. Still was on the light side.

Even when YOU decide to comment on a picture of my wife and I dancing, which has NOTHING to do with ANY of the subjects at hand.

Even when you attempt quote for my wife as to me having leather lips.

Even then I answered you in a light hearted way.

You want to play with the big boys? Have at it.

Send your complaints to the administrator and let's see where chips fall.

Don't make your PMs too long though, or the lactic acid will build up in your fingers and you won't be able to type for a while.

In the meantime....You're it!

Wow, I didn't even answer in bold, I must really be a "little ball of hate".*

*The Canadian hockey fans will like that!

-cw-

8. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Majestic, or whomever you are this week:

I can assure you that Dr. J. is a world class physician at a world class hospital. He doesn't like to respond to threads like this for the very reason we are witnessing: big mouth hacks like you coming off as experts in a field they know nothing about and then being rude to people you don't have a right to even be in the same room with.

Do us all a favor and go play your new playstation.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  9. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel

This is the reason that I started this thread so as to offer this guy some help and to obtain help from you all as well. This guy has serious chop problems and it doesn’t seem to be getting better; so, let's put our personal problems aside and try to explore ALL the avenues of help with information to offer this person. This guy is at the brink of a great tragedy and we can not let our personal problems close off his call for our help. He is already burning out and heading for a rupture of his chops which could mean an end of his major and an end to his trumpet career if this is not put in check and if he is not given a fail safe program of practicing to follow.

So far only one TM Artist in Residence has come in on this thread and I am asking for Manny, Edward and Tony to please come in and offer whatever you can to help this guy out.

Liad Bar-EL

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  10. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I followed the quote back to it's origin. His question was not about lactic acid or warm-downs, it was about endurance.
    This thread has gotten out of hand.
    The answer to the problem stated is a revisiting of the fundamentals of trumpet playing.
    No voodoo, just back to basics.
    Enough already!
    Wilmer