Law Enforcement and Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by miles71, Apr 28, 2010.

1. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but...............

As you all now I am the founder and chairperson of the Maryland Trumpet Day. This is our fifth year doing this event and I would like to make it something special this year by honoring our Law Enforcement Officers who keep us safe each day and our area Military members who defend us and guard our rights and freedom.

My father is a retired police officer who spent his career taking care of the good guys and removing the bad guys. He is getting older and I would like to do something to show respect and thanks for his sacrifice and all of the officers sacrifices. I remember in school seeing a shadow in the door of the auditorium at my concerts, my father couldn't always get off work for them but he made it a point to be on site to hear me play. This is something I will not forget.

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I know some of you are police officers, and I bet you know some other officers who are not on the forums who play trumpet as well. I would like to assemble a Law Enforcement Trumpet Ensemble to open up a concert at the MTD this year. I already have a Maryland State Trooper who is willing to help organize. Please drop me a line at [email protected] if you are interested.

TD

2. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    Great idea, Tony!

TK