"Lawler Committee" pics!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Bruce Lee, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Here are pic's of the new "Lawler Committee" trumpet! I am proud that Northern Brass will be receiving the first one, and I'll be sure to share my impressions with everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best always,
    Bruce

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    what are the differences between the TL6L and the Committee?
    is it just cosmetic or are there changes in the bell, leadpipe, etc :?:

3. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Hey, James!

Good questions! Basically, Roy made every effort to keep the design as close to the original Committees as possible. He has had MANY Martin Committees come through his door. What he found was that .453 bore horns were fairly consistent, as far as the leadpipe/tuning slide, and bell are concerned. However, the large bore Committees are very much "custom", in that there is little consistency as far as the same factors are concerned.

So, what you will notice is that while the bell shape and flare are fairly consistent with the TL6, the bend of the bell bow is "Vintage Committee", as that was the model for the Lawler TL6 bell.

I should receive the "Lawler Committee" on Monday. I have a gig Monday night, so I may give it a whirl. 8) I'll keep you posted!

Best always,
    Bruce

4. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I received the Lawler Committee, early Monday afternoon. I took it out of the box, played a few notes on it, and played it during the lessons that I taught. I had a gig at night, so I played it there, too. It was great on Ballads, and when we played "Gospel John", it just ripped on Lead. First impressions... WOW!!!

This is the ML bore (.460") model. The response is lightning quick, with great intonation. The sound is very full, and pleasing, at all volumes, and in all registers. The engraving is very tastefully done. What a beautiful instrument! Roy really outdid himself this time around!

Although I don't currently have a Martin Committee to compare it with, I can tell you that the "Lawler Committee" plays circles around the .453 model Martin Committee that I had at one time. I think that trumpet players have an affinity for remembering the sound and feel of every horn that stands out in our minds. This one is memorable!

Best always,
    Bruce

5. nowherenearadouble

nowherenearadouble Pianissimo User

Nov 12, 2003
    Scotland
    Cant wait Bruce!!
    Misty is never going to sound the same!
    Alan