Lawler Model T

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Bill Bryant, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Bill Bryant

Bill Bryant New Friend

Jan 26, 2005
    South Dakota
    I'm interested in new owners' impressions of this horn. Anybody care to post a review?

2. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    I have one....actually the 1st production piece, finished in brush lacquer. It's plays great, not stuffy,not so open that it sucks the wind out of you. The tone is on the dark side, IMO, and I really like it. It plays in tune and the upper register is user-friendly. The build quality and finish work is typical Lawler; done to a very high standard. It's bargain priced, IMO, for a horn built by such a craftsman as Roy. I won't be letting mine go any time soon, if ever.
    gregc

3. murph66

murph66 New Friend

May 16, 2005
    I've got a silver model that was manufactured in the same bunch that Gregc's was. His was the first ordered and shipped, but for some reason, I think mine has a lower serial number. I have really love mine- It plays beautifully and has a very easy blow on it. The valves are great and I dont have to oil mine that often to keep them in good working order. I've had several other players comment on the better tone I have now, even when using a 12a4a, which is not known for its rich tone. I have been very satisfied with mine and have never regreted ordering it. And Roy Lawler is a great gut to work with.

4. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Hey Murph, mine probably shipped first because it didn't have to go to the platers. Roy does the brush finish in-house.
    gregc