Lays Potato Chips ....don't do it (disclaimer: Lays makes a great tasting chip)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Mar 8, 2012.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Normally I ask a question on a new thread but this one is about "sharing" :D
    I work nights... once in awhile I just can't sleep on my day off... got up at some god awful hour and I was hungry. So there sits an unopened bag of Lays potato chips.... so I proceed to pound down a half the bag.. the family size bag.
    Next day ... chops are all puffy .. I played and sounded terrible
    So as much as I love those chips ....

2. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Spuds contain large amounts of pesticide products and toxic metals. Tubers require good non contaminated soil. Potatoes are often sprayed. Potato plants are easy to grow but blight really does serious damage.

Try organic potatoes but that doesn't guarantee clean soil. Just because the ingredients are simple doesn't mean they aren't tainted. Try making your own potatoe chips and see if you get the same effects.

Are you allergic to other nightshade plants such as tomatoes or eggplant?

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    actually tomatoes make me sweat ... I think it has something to do with the acidity. I never thought it might be an allergy ....hmm my daughter is allergic to tomatoes. Don't tell me I might be allegic to potatoes...Then there is eggplant..and I do love a good eggplant parmesian but have had to drop that because it doesn't agree with my system ... definitely not good if I am going to be around anyone. aauuughhh I have to eat something.
    I just thought it was all the salt ... way too much salt in a half a bag.

4. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    The salt on your lips does have an effect.

Tom

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I would suggest the salt as well - salty potato chips (or nuts, or chickpeas, or those soy-crisp things) do my lips in.

--bumblebee

6. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Piano User

Mar 4, 2005
    Salt

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'll 4th it, SALT! I "love" it when EVERYTHING wrong with the world is blamed on pesticides. Next time stick to Cool Ranch Doritos!! ;-)

8. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    From the point of view of the pests, everything is!

--bumblebee

9. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    I am thinking salt. Next time get some low-sodium or salt free, or a bag of NACHO CHEESE Doritos. Toby was wrong, you need the Nacho cheese ones. The cool ranch ones are only for people like Toby and like a ranch tortilla chip. ROFL

10. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    It's mainly the salt. Not on your lips, but in your body. It causes fluid retention and minor swelling, lips included.