"Lead Horns"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bear, Oct 7, 2004.

1. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    nice...

I couldn't get "Borg instrument" to fit into the bubble

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Hmm, Bruce at Northern Brass might have Eclipse, Lawler, and Callet. And while up there you could just run by the Schilke factory, or Woodwind&Brasswind. Blackburn I have no idea, I guess the factory. Calicchio would be in Tulsa. Surely someone has a WT that you could try. And as far as the Mt. Vernon, again, need a generous soul, most likely. I've never even heard of Inderbinen. Monet would probably be at the Monet factory, or one could just crash Manny Laureano's place and try his (just kidding). I have no clue where to find a Zeus.

You also left out Marcinkiewicz, Stomvi, Edwards and Taylor, with the best bet definitely being WWBW, and Edwards at their showroom.

3. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Well, if you come along, I must take you to the Blackburn workshop. Its one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. One of the most respected and well-received horns in existence are built in a woodshed/garage! :shock:

Also, you have to see Decatur, Tennessee. They have gospel singing every week at Hardees, they're only restaurant (They serve their food like a sit-down place, its strange)... One grocery store, and one consignment shop.

Van

4. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    And the drive is great too! With each mile after you leave I-40 at the Smithville exit , technology becomes less and less apparent.

Yeah, the WWBW showroom will be a definite stopping point! And the Inderbinen thing is probably going to be a complete impossibility, though I would love to try one of those ugly things! :D

Van