Lead pipe replacement cost for a Getzen Severinsen?

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by Osren, Feb 1, 2014.

1. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I last spoke with him in December so I did not know....
    By the way sports fans, I would highly recommend young Ivan here as he is a consummate tech and 1st class business professional.

2. odd67ar

odd67ar Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    I changed the leadpipe on my severinsen some years ago,it had a tiny
    hole due to red rot.The old was silverplated brass.I had a new one made from nickel,silver alloy.
    the repair was $400.:roll:

3. Osren

Osren Mezzo Forte User

Oct 17, 2010
    Mesa, Az
    Thanx everyone for the replies.

Ivan, I know you are the man... but you are hiding out on the East Coast, I'm here on the West Coast... so I may look a little closer. If I can't find anyone I can trust to do the jobs out here, I will be emailing you.

My horn is in the SK196xx range... 1973ish I believe. Not sure what it was made from... Brass with Silverplating or Nickle Silver. My GUESS would be Brass with plating.

I may pursuit Kanstul as they are relatively close and I've heard great stuff about them.

I'm HOPING (more like praying) that it isn't going to be in the $400 range.... I think I paid less then that for the instrument a few years ago. (Yikes!) It wasn't in perfect condition (a few dents that I had taken care of), but I hadn't noticed the redrot. :dontknow:

4. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Check your PM

5. odd67ar

odd67ar Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    The prices on repairs are much more expensive here,and my tech made the pipe by hand from sheet metal
    I am sure that is quite a job.However I bought this severinsen new in 1968, and has been played allmost every day for
    about 50 years.We have had some great experienses together:roll: