Lead pipe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Aug 6, 2009.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Hi JUST WONDERING is there supposed to be a hole in about center in the lead pipe or am I seeing maybe a drop of water that didnt dry yet after cleaning my horn ,Thanks Anthony:-o:oops:

2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    No holes are meant to be on your leadpipe except the mp receiver and the other end where the tuning slides goes in. If you have a leakage you need to take it to your local repairman.

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Is it a natural trumpet?

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Step B: If you're not sure where the water drop came from, wipe if off and look closely for holes in the pipe (look where there may be spots of red on the pipe). Then, go to step A (from Trumpetnick, above).

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I would be surprised. The holes in a nat are quite visible (no place for doubt) and usually placed on the pipe that goes after the tuning slide (I am not sure about the terminology).

6. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    WHEW...... IT WAS JUST A DROP OF WATER ....that did'nt dry yet , when I went back to check if my trumpet was dry yet after giving it its monthly cleaning the lead pipe was nice and clean and dry and the HOLE was gone !! It was a drop of water...WOW , Thanks Anthony :-)

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    A JOKE Nick....

8. Skiingfool

Skiingfool New Friend

Jul 9, 2009
    There aren't supposed to be any holes. However, I doubt it is a hole because you could tell if it was.