Learn to play trumpet in just 30 days!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MJ, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    But I found it on the web!!

2. omelet

omelet Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2007
    charleston, sc
    ..because of the bad grammar or the irony with the kid holding the trumpet up in the air? ;)

3. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    A while ago there was a discussion somewhere about whether there'd be a brand new, revolutionary method for teaching everybody to play like a pro coming out in the next ten years. I don't know about ten years, but eventually scientists are going to be able to do more than simply follow the pathways in the brain associated with certain activities and be able to store and then transmit them to other brains. One of these activities is bound to be trumpet playing.

Kids will nag their parents for the Jon Faddis version or the Sandoval version (extra for pedals) the way they nag for silver finishes on pro-level horns now. I'd imagine the sensation after the procedure would be like getting on a bike after not having ridden for 50 years - you can balance, you can pop a wheelie - but you don't have the muscle to ride any distance. So students will fool around with their newly implanted habits for a while and discover it still takes work to build the muscle... or maybe the muscles could be stimulated during the procedure and there wouldn't be any need for practice even to build up strength? I'd almost rather see those trumpet-playing robots take over.

4. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Trumpet Hero instead of Guitar Hero?

BTW in Sunnyvale California (epicenter of what was once called the "Tech" industry, you'll have to study a history text to learn what that WAS) I saw a guy playing a thing that's a sort of electronic trumpet, invented by a guy in Australia of course, we'd never do anything that advanced in the US. I should try to find the web page for it, part of me says it's neat and part of me thinks its on the same level as the .... electric viola.

5. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

6. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Sorry but what in the world are you talking about? The US invents advanced stuff all the time -- or else there would not BE a Silicon Valley. I work in the tech industry and used to live in Sunnyvale. There's still lots of innovation going on.

7. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Misty - yes, some, by people coming over from Europe and Asia/India, innovating a bit, bringing over innovations to meet with investors in the US more like ..... how recently have you been in Sunnyvale? I like sunnyvale, nice town. Nice area. But tech is sure not the place to be right now.....

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Sorry, the M60 IS romantic!! And still in widespread use 51 years after it was first issued in 1957!! That's 10 years younger than yours truly, and believe it or not, I am also romantic!! (though not in widespread use...;-))
    Thanks for the double exclamation point idea, Eeviac!!

9. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Rambo would look cooler with a Morrison trumpet than a real one.

10. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    great left hand position.... LOL