Learning to play again

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by Shootingstarplayer, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Bflatman

Bflatman Forte User

Nov 27, 2008
    Manchester, England
    I like people who get mad, too many these days are emotionless.

Welcome to the site.

2. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    That's outrageous! I've heard of that happening, it's certainly not limited to your locale, but it sucks no matter where it occurs. As a band director, I can sympathize with those who want balanced instrumentation. But music is in enough trouble without rejecting the student's preference. Geez!

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    You will get better I assure you. Congratulations. Welcome. There will be plenty of good advice here and I hope you have the discernment to know which words to toss and which to take!
    I myself never stopped, entirely, but I took some breaks which never helped anything. I can't imagine how hard it would be to stop for a long time and start up again, but from many of my friends here I know it can be done with much success. Your commitment is the key!

GeorgeB likes this.
  4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Welcome to TM, Amanda!

5. davetheretread

davetheretread New Friend

May 25, 2016
    Knoxville, TN
    Welcome! This site has done me a world of good in my comeback progress. Best wishes in your adventure. For slow work on basics works better than trying to do too much too quick.