Leave a Memorial Day note for trumpeter/soldiers in Iraq

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by tom turner, Nov 11, 2004.

1. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    On this Memorial Day, my thoughts and prayers go out for our brothers in arms of the US Army's 1st Infantry Division Band. When war breaks out, all Division personnel become soldiers in the Army.

Here's a photo of Gary in Iraq:

[​IMG]

Also check out the music of GIs in Iraq, including Gary's haunting trumpet on the song "I'm Just A Man."

http://www.dionkruczek.us/audio/audio.htm

Life is tough over there. Besides manning their guns, part of the duties for our brother trumpeters in Iraq is playing at the memorial services for our fallen GIs. As a former Army trumpeter myself, I know that this must be very hard to do over and over again.l

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE BELOW FOR MIKE, JARRET AND GARY FROM THE 1ST DIV. BAND!

Here's mine:

Guys, I'm very proud of you. As you risk your life for freedom and the wonderful American way, I pray that God with shield you and protect you from harm . . . that God will bless and comfort your families in this time of stress and separation . . . that you will know that we love you . . . and that you will KNOW that there's a bunch of us praying for you!

Warmest regards,

Tom Turner
    98th Army Band, '71-'74

Also, check out the the slide show at:

http://www.dionkruczek.us/slides/slides.htm

2. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    take care, men. come back soon and safe.

prayin', but a bit old to join up
    dj

3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Thanks for the sacrifices that you have made. Keep safe and know that you are always in our prayers.

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    To all the men and women who are serving our country I say Thank You. I know that is not enough. If it were up to me, you guys would be millionaires and all the pro athletes, actors and pop stars would be forced to live like our soldiers do now.

Please, know that despite all the negative information, half-truths and outright lies that we hear from our 'American' media about the war, the majority of Americans are behind you and know you guys are the best soldiers in the world and are doing a fantastic job. We appreciate it!!

I truly believe that years from now, when the current gaggle of naysayers have long since faded away, the men and women who are winning the war on terror will be remembered as true heroes, in a respectful light that will be comparable to the WWII vets.

So, keep you spirits up and be proud to know that millions of Americans back home support you and pray for your timely and safe return home.

Thanks,

Greg Zent

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Roger that. Millions of Americans pray for our soliders out in the field. We pray for your safety and speedy return. We pray that the Lord will watch over you. US military is the best in the world. Hu-ah!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Thanks for all that you do. Stay Safe!

Mike

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    No words of thanks could possibly suffice for the work, sweat, energy, and love of country that you all expend to keep us safe. God bless you all and may he protect you with the legion of angels he reserves for you. Know that you have company on the battle field and feed off that strength.

ML

8. Phatmon

Phatmon New Friend

Oct 1, 2004
    Forest Lake, Mn
    "Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable nature must put on the imperishable, and this mortal nature must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:51-53 RSV

9. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Here's where you can see photos and information about the band, which is part of the famous "Big Red One" Division that was so highly decorated in WWII in Europe.

http://www.bamberg.army.mil/1idband/

I heard on TV yesterday that 1st Division soldiers were clearing areas for the US Marines yesterday in Fallaujah. Let's hope Gary, Jarrett and Mike were safe during all the action there!!!

Let's cover 'em in prayer, y'all!

Tom

10. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Old Europe is also praying for the safe return of all the participating forces in Iraq and also for a peaceful future of the Iraqui people. Special greetings to the "Bamberg boys (and girls?)"

Frank