Legend by Enesco???

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Meldog, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Meldog

Meldog Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2004
    Blaine, ME
    I'm going to be playing this at a studio recital in a month. I can play it quite well, suprisingly for how short of a time I've had it..lol. Anyways, I have just started listening to the piece for the piano part and how it fits together. I am really struggling with this. I follow along with my part and try to get my entrances mentally correct with the recording. It's fine in the faster sections but the slower parts, like measures 16-20, 31-34, and some smaller sections til the end. I just totally lose the beat. Does anyone have some tips on putting this together with the piano and firming up my entrances. My teacher is going to be out of town so I can't see him for another week and I really don't want to wait that long to talk to him about this. Thanks in advance for all the advice!!

Adam W. Metzler

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Adam,

If you have a lot of time on your hands, may I suggest that you write the entire piece out in half values. It makes it much more negotiable because of getting rid of the bars above the notes. So, 32nds become 16ths, 16ths become 8ths, and so on.

If you've very busy then you'll just have to slave away, I'm afraid.

ML

3. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    some suggestions

1. study the piano part both away from the record and with the record know the piano part as well as the solo part,

2. practice with metronome beating 8th notes

3. write in hints of piano rhythm in the solo part

there are places that you will have to count and subdivide oyo not depending on the piano part for the beat which is scary.

the above suggestion is also good if you have a lot of time and will help with memorizaton and believe it or not technique in the faster sections

I last did the piece with piano 13 years ago so cant remember much more