Leon Merian

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Majestic1, May 12, 2008.

1. Majestic1

Majestic1 New Friend

Dec 12, 2007
    Leon Merian has always been a positive influence in my life for the years that I have known him.

It has been about several months since I had a major computer crash, lost contact with Leon, tried to contact him but the messages were sent back and now I learn that he died. I am greatly saddened to have learned that just now. Just now that I realize that I should have tried harder to contact him. Just now that I realize that there is nothing I can do but to honor his name and memory.

Just now that I ask anyone who may know to please tell me when he died, how he died and where?

I ask this from a crying broken heart as if he died today in my presence.

If you were alive today, Leon, I would ask for your forgiveness for not honoring your invitation to come over to your house to play trumpet with you. I would ask for your forgiveness for not calling you on the phone and for not answering your emails.

Thank you Leon for sharing your book, The Man Behind the Horn, with me. Thank you Leon for sharing your slices of life with me as the man behind the horn. Thank you Leon for being Leon and nobody else of which I will treasure the memory of in my heart for the rest of my life.

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  3. Majestic1

Majestic1 New Friend

Dec 12, 2007
    That’s very honorable to give me those two references.

I graciously thank you.

4. BflatAnklan

BflatAnklan Pianissimo User

Jan 28, 2005
    Midwest area USA
    Yes, thank you from me too. Leon was very helpful to me as a young trumpeter. He really helped me out! I did fall out of touch with him as well and had no idea he passed away. I intended to go down to Florida to see him...my, how time flies.

Thank you