less warm up time needed?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Myshilohmy, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    What did you change about your embouchure? from what to what? When did you make the change? I play a little off center with an overbite. that shouldn't be a problem.

2. Myshilohmy

Myshilohmy Pianissimo User

Jan 6, 2009
    Indiana
    Well I used to sort of tuck my top lip under the mouthpiece or something like that. All i know is I played the with inside of my lip and when I took the mouthpiece of my face I couldn't see where it was, but now I can.

3. Myshilohmy

Myshilohmy Pianissimo User

Jan 6, 2009
    Indiana
    I talked to my band director the other day and asked him what could I do to move up to first chair. He would always say how amazing it is how much I've improved from 2 years ago, then he hands me third part and puts everyone I know I'm better than above me.

He compared me playing to an extremely shy person giving the greatest speech on Earth. Even if it's an amazing speech, it's still a shy person saying it so it doesn't feel right. I assume what he meant is I have the skills, I just don't always know what I'm doing. Is that what it sounds like to anyone else?

4. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Play music, don't try
    just play it. When we we think and try to make the music as good as we can, you can hear it. Play it.