Lessons, Braces, and a lot of questions.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RHSbigbluemarchingband, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Jackson Arch

Jackson Arch Piano User

Mar 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Can never, ever forget the King. His autographed photo is still hanging on the wall, even here in Oklahoma. And, one of his used, autographed tires is out there in my wife's sunroom! Got to meet Richard and Kyle at a reception the night before the February 1990 Winston Cup race in Richmond (American Historical Foundation/Marine Raider's Museum).

Well done Sir, for playing trumpet at the King's daughter's wedding! WOW. Was the groom of that wedding Charlie Luck? Charlie and I attended VMI together and he married one of the daughers, Lisa, around 25 or so years ago. Charlie ran Grand Nationals for a couple of years and managed to get to know the Petty's fairly well (well enough, I reckon!).

Sorry, RHSbigbluemarchingband. I have badly highjacked your thread...:roll:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    Its okay, well I'm starting up lessons again, first one in a while is on Sunday, time to get back to that Hummel Concerto.......

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Well done Sir, for playing trumpet at the King's daughter's wedding! WOW. Was the groom of that wedding Charlie Luck? Charlie and I attended VMI together and he married one of the daughers, Lisa, around 25 or so years ago. Charlie ran Grand Nationals for a couple of years and managed to get to know the Petty's fairly well (well enough, I reckon!).

Sorry, RHSbigbluemarchingband. I have badly highjacked your thread...:roll:[/quote]

This was in the mid 1990s so it must not have been Charlie. She was short. Kyle sang at the wedding, yes he did.

4. Jackson Arch

Jackson Arch Piano User

Mar 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    That must have been quite a wedding, Bob. We don't get many highlights like that out here...in Oklahoma. You are making me a homesick Tarheel. Might have to make a trip back east and visit Moses H. Cone Hospital where my trek began...

RHSbigbluemarchingband,
    I may have to use your example as inspiration. Looks like my youngest son will be strapping on braces here in a few weeks, right about the time that yours are coming off. He is not real excited about all that, to say the least. I have not yet talked him into playing trumpet, so he will not be dealing with the challenges that you have and that I had long ago.

Keep us posted on your progress. I think it is great for other young folks to read how such obstacles can be conquered. Keep charging!