Let's here it for Alabama Law Enforcement

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Inmate loses weight, escapes

A prison inmate in Australia lost a dramatic amount of weight, squeezed through a gap in the wall and escaped, a newspaper reported.

3. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Hey, it's Bama! What did you expect?

4. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    :x

5. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

Of course, Georgia fares no better. I think of the Atlanta-Fulton County "Keystone Kops" last year when the inmate overpowered an overweight, old-woman guard at the county court house . . . and we all know about that guy's murderous spree over the next couple of days!

Hopefully, you have your concealed carry license like most us Georgians have and remain vigilant and prepared for trouble. I never expect to see any trouble, but the bad guy better pick another target! ;-)

Back to Alabama . . . and the Phenix City area. There are two jokes about the area that I like:

1. QUESTION: How does a Georgia boy find the way to the University of Auburn?

ANSWER: Head west and follow his nose. (Auburn is west of Phenix City and as a big agriculture program and vet school . . . and lots of cows, pigs and chickens)

2. QUESTION: What's the best thing that came out of Alabama?

ANSWER: Interstate 20

I have others too . . . but can't post 'em on a family site such as this.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

PS: In all fairness to the citizens of Alabama . . . I lived there for three years while in the service and have never met a friendlier people! I'll bet they have some Jaw-Jaah jokes too!!! ;-)

6. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    At least we're not Mississippi!

7. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Hey Tom,

Good Stuff......

Thanks for chiming in. They did catch these guys in Columbus, GA a few days after I posted this.

I know that prison/jail breaks are not exclusive to any one area, when I lived in Michigan we had them there from time to time.

It just bugs me when you have a felon in custody and he/she escapes to me that's just plain incompetence.

I may be a resident of Alabama in the near future so I better clean it up eh? :bleah:

8. Mr. Semman

Mr. Semman Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2005
    West Brookfield, MA
    John,

Hang in there! Prison guards have a saying, "We watch the prisoners for eight hours, they watch us for twenty-four!" Very rarely does an escaped prisoner make it so far that they are not recaptured. The police have a saying: "If stupidity were a crime, the criminals would still be busted!"

Hang in there buddy, someone is always watching your back.

Gary Lapine
    Retired Cop