liberty love affair!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by arlington, Aug 31, 2012.

1. arlington

arlington Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2012
    Lancaster, OH
    Hello all. Brought home today a 1925-30 H.N. White King Liberty .459 in silver. All it cost me was my olds ambassador and a couple twenties. All I can say is these things are fun fun fun to play! Seriously folks, that's a whole lotta trumpet for a more than reasonable price. And those keys feel so nice. Like butta. And every note just seems to 'be there' right under my fingers. Anyone who has never played a liberty should. Well, back to the woodshed.

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Congrats! I'm glad to hear you scored a good trumpet and it sounds like you topped out on the deal.

3. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Hey, Give us a pic. I bet it is fun to play. This week I picked up a 1950 King Liberty 2b in fairly good shape. It is a large bore horn and I hear was commonly used in big bands. I got it after recently picking up a 1938 King Liberty 2. Small bore, heavy metal, fabulous player. In fact, about at the top of the list. To me, the two ( 1938 and 1950) are very different horns.

Does yours have the extra large bell rim? I think I like the 1938 better. I really would like to pick up another in better shape. We need to keep our mouth's shut- all we are doing is driving up the price. :-)

4. arlington

arlington Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2012
    Lancaster, OH
    Yes it does have the extra large bell rim. Its got a few dings but nothings out of the ordinary. The bell has no dings and the engraving shows real nice. After I'm done polishing it up a bit ill post pics. But it was chem cleaned already so no reason to rush out to a tech to have a couple small dings removed and be without it for a week.