lightweight monette

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Tarter_trpt8, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Manny,

Have you ever played on a 2000LT B flat or C monette trumpet?

What did you think about it and how much better is that trumpet compared to a conventional trumpet. I know you play on the heavier horns but does this lightweight horn have the same characteristics as the ones you play on? The freedom of the relaxed air and such? Do you know the price of one of those??

Thanks a bunch!

Jeremy (again) I'm on a posting spree this month:)

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Jeremy,

Dave came up with the design of the lighter instruments as an alternative for folks that liked the weight and feel of lighter conventional instruments. Since they're not as heavy, they're a bit more forgiving of tightening by the player of the muscles or a less than optimal breathing approach.

They're fun to play but I tend to overblow them and sound brighter than I like in the orchestra. The nice thing is that the intonation is still excellent especially with his mouthpieces.

Off the top of my head I don't know what the price is but they're likely at the lower end of the scale. I've played Patrrick Hession's Prana 2000 LT and it's a hoot. He sounds amazing on it. I've never heard anybody have that much physical impact on my ears as when he plays on the job. Maybe Doc. I haven't gotten to hear Maynard live on his but I sure would like to.

ML

3. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Do the 2000LT blend better with conventional equipment?

What about the 149XL Bb and 61X C Trumpets?

They look the same minus the color, what is the difference? The website doesn't really give to much insight. I guess I ask you because you've played on a lot of different horns. Dothey make prana's in the 2000LT models??

I need to make a trip to Oregon.

I might have an audition for a Navy Band in California when I get back from this camp. I'm just looking into horns so that I might get one if I make the band. I think it would be a good gig for 4 years.

Jeremy

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    They do until people realize it's a Monette.

ML

5. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I find it easier, on my Bach, to play with someone with one of these over someone with a Raja.