Lip Cuts

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I would simply suggest that the bite of the mouthpiece is not comfortable, for my lead playing. As I have said though, the mouthpieces are clearly of high quality.

@L357 -- I have seen that video a couple times -- very interesting. I have a very solid high E, and you're right, I can definitely get volume. Same on G. But as you know, above that is a hassle. Time will tell how my playing progresses

For now I need a mouthpiece that is comfortable for the way that I currently play, and sadly for lead playing (on THIS Monette mpc) I cannot keep using this. Perhaps another, however, down the road.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    sorry, I didn't get nothing out of the post --- except to NOT USE PRESSURE to overcome a MPC that doesn't fit, or to NOT keep switching mpc's to find an UTIMATE MPC to get the high notes.
    I DID HOWEVER MANAGE TO UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE ----- so Mark Kindy, and Local ---- I love it when you post this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! --- seeing is how I am the average guy out here in trumpetland --- and I thought it was just me (((sometimes having a decent High A))) and lately decent reproducible high range to the High F anyhow. YET ABOVE THE HIGH G is a HASSLE ----- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ---- as I almost feel NORMAL now!!!!!! for awhile, I thought I was doing something wrong ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    Have your dentist file the sharp point off your teeth. Or put those wax strips over your teeth. The Coast Guard dentist filed my teeth because of bleeding lips. I'm glad that I had it done even though I was government property at the time.

4. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm wondering about that. No doubt each is a killer chart. However were the trumpet section to use half decent scream pieces? Ought to carry the load. What the average classical cat doesn't understand is that the large mouthpiece ruins the projection of his lower harmonics. He has to double and triple the effort just to get the sound out past the violins.

But if well accustomed to the old 1-28 by Al Cass he oughta carry the lower range harmonics at a much lower volume. And far less effort.